
I rearranged the furniture in our living room.

I am a God.
"Rearranged" isn't really the appropriate word, because I can make a strong case that our menagerie of secondhand funiture was never really ordered in the first place. We got some movers to do it, which was cool because the leader of them was cockney British. So he was fun, until he made fun of Hannah for asking him to put our two couches parallel and facing each other. He told us, "That's rather 'Architectural Digest,' isn't it?" We didn't really know what that meant, but Hannah was offended by it, so in spite we shoved everything against a wall like we were clearing the room to make a small roller rink.
But now I am a God. I have brought order to chaos.
Unfortunately the TV is now in front of the bookshelf, which I sort of disagree with on principle.
Um...
So obviously I was excited enough about telling you about moving the furniture to take the effort to illustrate it in Microsoft Paint. Now I'm a little embarrassed by the ten minutes of my life I have chucked out the rear window of the car. To try and recover that, I feel I should display those images one more time.


Me. God.

2 Comments:
Tangent:
The first computer my family owned was a Tandy 1000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_1000).
I only remember doing three things on it:
1. Playing a math learning game whose name I can't remember but had vaguely Tetris-y music.
2. Stumbling my way through the file directories while constantly trying to convince myself that I was doing something useful.
3. Using the weird architecture software that let you design your own house.
I don't have a point or a witty tagline to sum this all up. Your pictures just made me think of that.
Your droll sense of humor: Hilarious!
Post a Comment
<< Home