Saturday, July 08, 2006

A mother and daughter walking home on Woodlawn Avenue:

GIRL: ...And then I sat between two boys.
MOM: Why didn't you sit with any of the girls at lunch?
GIRL: The table was full.
MOM: They didn't like you?
GIRL: No, the table was full.

I am ridiculously tired. Three jobs plus daily rehearsal = I'm on my feet all day until I fall asleep. It also means this summer is flying by like I've never known.

There's a Brechtian clown class starting on Monday but it's 3 hours a night. Am I going to do this to myself?

The kids at SDW call me Peter Parker..."except for yo' scraggly beard." So apparently someone will notice after all if I skip shaving for a few days.

The show last night was musical improv. It all ran kind of hot and cold, and we didn't sell quite as many tickets as last week, although we've already almost paid for the rent. The last thing we did was improvise a musical based on the suggested title, "Robots & Gynecologists," and it actually turned out to be a really awesome, thoughtful piece on the future of stem cell research. Also, singing robot gynecologists.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Apparently, they tell i-bankers that they should do improv comedy so that they'll be able to bs well to clients when they don't know what they're talking about.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home