I've overcommitted myself again, and it's starting to take a toll. More often than not it's the afternoon when my body starts to buckle, and that means that I'm usually useless at SDW, which is aweful for the kids who have to deal with me. Then I've been unsuccessfully sleeping in the library before clown, skipping dinner in favor of whatever energy bar dregs they still sell in the campus convenience store, which looks not so much understocked as ruthlessly pillaged.
I've been completely not enthusiastic about returning to classes this fall, and I realized it's because I still have to find some way to take classes that don't exist yet for a major I don't really believe in anymore. So it occured to me this weekend to just drop that major and take essentially whatever I want next year. The difference between an English degree and an English/Fundamentals degree translates into three extra minutes of explanation. It will not make or break a job interview. Really. It's been a fun, fun ride, but I think I can accept not being a noble vanguard of the classics anymore.
I'm already late for work.
I've been completely not enthusiastic about returning to classes this fall, and I realized it's because I still have to find some way to take classes that don't exist yet for a major I don't really believe in anymore. So it occured to me this weekend to just drop that major and take essentially whatever I want next year. The difference between an English degree and an English/Fundamentals degree translates into three extra minutes of explanation. It will not make or break a job interview. Really. It's been a fun, fun ride, but I think I can accept not being a noble vanguard of the classics anymore.
I'm already late for work.

5 Comments:
What? You're dropping Fundamentals? OMG!!!
I mean, not that I told you so or anything...
Why don't you believe in it anymore?
To look on the bright side, at least your summer is productive. Aren't you glad you're in Chicago and not putzing around Alpharetta?
Keep your chin up, Drew.
And I'll have to agree that Alpharetta can feel way like a ghost town if you've been gone too long.
I can't even describe the way it felt when I was down recently. It went way beyond not belonging
You are excellent. Don't drop dead.
Post a Comment
<< Home