Sunday, October 23, 2005

Unlike Rita's apartment, which is receiving cable by the grace of, um, a higher power, we can't get very many channels with our rabbit ears--including the World Series. Which explains why, while I was looking for Game 2 tonight on the TV, I was ecstatic to find BATMAN RETURNS playing!

It was the part where Batman steps out of his Batmobile and punches out a bunch of carnies. There's no dialogue, but there's a clown who captures Michelle Pfeiffer and holds a gun to her head. So Batman walks up (there's nothing more awkward than watching Batman just, um, walk down the street) and shoots his grappling hook at the clown. He misses his head by just a foot, so the clown grins at him, and then Batman pulls the cord back and rips a chunk of wall out, knocking the clown unconscious (if you're having trouble picturing it, I'm sure Adam will give a dramatic interpretation for you).

Anyway, I'm so excited that Batman Returns is on, I'm not really paying much attention until Michelle Pfeiffer looks up at Batman, tucks a long strand of hair behind her ear, and declares,

"El Batman!"

Ah. We're getting Telemundo.

11 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I bet you're starting to get tired of this.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually started getting spam text messages on my phone.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cable is totally legal...

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOX WIN!

PS I've got a great site: www.condoms.com. You should check it out.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Har-har. By the way, I caught nearly every playoff game up until the world series, and then pathetically only saw the very last out in game 4 (thanks, midterms & 6:30-10:00 SCUBA class).

I guess after the Angels tanked I kind of lost interest. Where are Rodger, JP, and Danny Glover when you need them?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

The lesson of the movie ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD to little kids is, if your favorite baseball team isn't winning, it probably means that God doesn't exist.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

But even if God does exist, your father doesn't love you.


Only Brenda Fricker.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, it's pretty impressive that you know Maggie's real name, but the fact that I know it now doesn't mean that I'll stop calling her "the lady who played Maggie."

11:28 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Drew you really ought to put question marks in the right place when you leave comments.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Editor said...

Dude, this is a awesome site that you got here, feel free to check out mine at: viagra cost It covers everything that has to do with medical, drugs, viagra and any other drugs that you could possible need. Cheers mate...

12:26 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Drew, for the love of god. WORD VERIFICATION. It's a blogger option that takes three measly clicks to activate. Click on the settings tab (or the sprocket logo when you first log in), then click on "Comments," then scroll halfway down the page and hit the "yes" radio button next to "Show word verification for comments?"

I'm sure we'd all like to blow our jiz in our pants, but this is going too far.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home