Saturday, September 10, 2005

How does one spend their last day living in their house of 8 years?

a) Packing
b) Lying on the carpet for hours lookinng up at the ceiling; locating smudges that look like TV actors
c) Attending a funeral
d) All of the above

You'll have to take the prep course to answer that one. I will tell you, though, that while cleaning out my desk I discovered that I have in fact never intentionally thrown away a ticket stub in my entire life. As a result, my belongings are riddled with old tickets like they were fallen leaves, or the littly tiny worms that eat the leaves.

Because I know a fabulous waste of time when I see one, I took this opportunity to catalogue everything I have below. (I know that somebody out there has to find this interesting. Maybe it'll be all the people from Hawaii who have been visiting this site. Yes, I know about you.)

THE 40 YEAR-OLD VIRGIN (2005)
SIN CITY (2005)
SECRET WINDOW (2004)
AMERICAN SPLENDOR (2003)
STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE (1999)
LYNYRD SKYNYRD @ Fox Atlanta (2000)

WILCO @ Tabernacle (2002)
SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS @ Tabernacle (1998)
WEEZER @ Lakewood (2002)
THE WEDDING SINGER (1998)
BRAVES V. NATIONALS (2005)
BRAVES V. CUBS (1998)
BRAVES v. CUBS (1999)
BRAVES V. CUBS (2001)
BRAVES V. EXPOS (2003)
BRAVES v. RED SOX (2000)

CUBS V. REDS (2004)
WHITE SOX v. INDIANS (1993)
CUBS v. PADRES (1993)
WHITE SOX v. ROYALS (2001)
BRAVES V. INDIANS (2003)
PADRES v. ROCKIES (2004)

THE MEXICAN (2001)
THIRTEEN DAYS (2001)
PLANET OF THE APES (2001)
DAVE MATTHEWS @ PHILLIPS (2002)
ROBOTS (2005)
SPIDER-MAN 2 (2004)
CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (2005)
HARRY POTTER & THE SORCERER'S STONE (2001)
SWIMMING POOL (2003)
DODGEBALL (2004)
AUSTIN POWERS (1997)
AUSTIN POWERS (2nd viewing)
AUSTIN POWERS (3rd viewing)
AUSTIN POWERS 2: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME (1999)
AUSTIN POWERS 3: GOLDMEMBER (2002)
BARENAKED LADIES @ PHILLIPS (2000)
FREQUENCY (2000)

AN AMY GRANT CHRISTMAS @ PHILLIPS (1999)
AMERICAN PIE 2 (2001)
KILL BILL VOL. 1 (2003)
FINDING NEVERLAND (2004)
LOTR: RETURN OF THE KING (2003)
MATRIX REVOLUTIONS (2003)
MARGARET CHO @ MANDEL (2004)
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE/BEN KWELLER @ VIC (2004)
RILO KILEY @ ABBEY (2004)
SANTALAND DIARIES @ HORIZON (2004)
INCREDIBLES (2004)
THE AVIATOR (2005)
INCREDIBLES (2nd viewing)
HITCH (2005)
DAYS OF HEAVEN (2003)
SEABISCUIT (2003)
TOM PETTY w/ JACKSON BROWNE @ Lakewood (2002)
MITCH HEDBERG @ Mandel (2005)
WIMBLEDON (2004)
ARISTOCRATS (2005)
WILCO @ Fox St. Louis (2004)
ABOUT SCHMIDT (2002)
PHISH @ Verizon Charlotte (2003)
LOST IN SPACE (1998)
CONTACT (1997)
SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE (1998)
SIX DAYS SEVEN NIGHTS (1998)
RUSHMORE (1998)
WAG THE DOG (1997)
U.S. MARSHALS (1998)
JURASSIC PARK 2: THE LOST WORLD (1997)
MAFIA! (1998)
AIR FORCE ONE (1997)
ULTIMATE OLDIES CONCERT @ Georgia Dome (1999)
PATCH ADAMS (1998)
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (1999)
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL (1997)
DEEP IMPACT (1998)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (SE) (1997)
DOCTOR DOLITTLE (1998)
THE MATRIX (1999)
PSYCHO: THE REMAKE (1998)


Finally, I found a movie ticket that I read as LOSER, and I was all, "Jason Biggs? Mena Suvari? Amy Heckerling! What a night this must have been!" but the ticket was folded at the end, so it turned out to be a stub for Mike Nichols's CLOSER. It's the only time I've been disappointed by my own good taste.

There's a lot more I'd like to write about, including how I feel like I'm leaving for college all over again and also the proven superiority of middle school, but I have to finish packing. Fortunately for some of you, I'll probably be too apathetic to blog these things anyway by the time I move in to Chicago.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very great pot heads might like this hydroponics equipment There's lots of information about hydroponics equipment

12:46 PM  
Blogger Miss Self-Important said...

Wow, that is awesome spam, and so well catered to your lifestyle!

The Hawaii person is reading my blog too. Isn't Sitemeter amazing?

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that wasn't spam. That was me. It was meant for Daniel.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And apparently you can't leave your name any more. The "me" in that last comment was Thomas.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wimbeldon! I really wanted to see that but I had no one to go with! Where were you? PS- I heart the movie "Loser" and I dont care what any of you say!

6:25 AM  
Blogger D said...

"AN AMY GRANT CHRISTMAS @ PHILLIPS (1999)?!" WHAT??!!!! Okay, six years ago you were 13? 14? Still old enough to know better. And saying your parents dragged you to it does not count as an excuse. Long live Satan!

2:11 PM  
Blogger D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you have little to do for three weeks on a small tropical island you scour the facebook and select circa 5-7 people you never knew had blogs and begin to stalk them. Frankly Drew, you brought this upon yourself. As did the other poor blogging saps. I accept no responsibility. Unfortunately, I do not remember visiting this rita-character's blog. However, I will begin now, as I find no shame in that game.

*Your anonymous friend in Hawai'i...but as you have many friends in Hawai'i...you have NO CLUE who I am. dammit.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I save ticket stubs, but I put them in a binder with plastic sheets meant for collecting cards. So they don't get all over. Its the way to do it.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, in December of 1999, Drew would have been 15. So the whole Amy Grant thing is even a little more daming.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Or a little more awesome?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

Clarke: I think Paul Bettany was looking for someone to go with...

Rita: Yes, amazing. And frustrating.

Dave: I only honor Amy Grant songs around Christmas time, so if you want to sublet for another 4 months, be prepare your mind to be blown.

Thomas: Lucky for you I didn't find the ticket for MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING, which both you AND John attended with me, I should remind you.

Kati: But where's the thrill of the hunt?

Anonymous: Let me rephrase. There's a SECOND person visiting from Hawaii who I DON'T know.

Daniel: I was waiting for your defense, since A-Grant has been name-dropped WAY more times on your establishment.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a damned dirty lie.

-Thomas

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home