Friday, October 08, 2004

Hell-o Blog-o.

In French this morning, our assignment was to locate the imparfait in a passage about Koko, the lonely French-speaking gorilla who fell in love with a cat, Ali Bali, given to her by her researchers. The two were apparenlty inseparable until Ali Bali got hit by a car, which sent Koko into serious depression. They eventually got her a gorilla companion, but it turned out that Koko was sterile, so they brought her a new cat instead. Unfortunately, when Koko died, the cat went into hysterics as well.

"This es crehzy story, the Koko," says my professor, holding an imaginary cigarette. "This Koko, she fell een love."

We all fell quiet and nodded to each other, silently acknowledging the ghost of Camus that had been summoned into the room.

"A crehzy story, yes." Stare. Squint. Expel heavy breath.

Anyway.

The reason that I haven't updated in the last week is because I've been busy breaking out in stress-pimples (strimples) and losing sleep and not eating-- all because of a handful of auditions that I've been fretting over for so long (like, summertime) that it was embarrassing to even bring it up in small talk for fear that I might start drooling/convulsing and throw myself out the nearest window.

But now callbacks are over, and I'm now 19th generation Off-Off Campus, so that my soul now belongs to improv for the next 16 months. And I couldn't be any happier.

Phew.

It's such good news that I'm not worried about my bicycle, which is stranded on campus because I lost the key to my U-lock.

Such good news that I was extra friendly to the bagel lady this morning in the Classics Cafe:

"I missed these bagels over the summer!" I said, taking a Saran-wrapped stale bagel brick from the basket that's been there since the solstice, "They're so good!"
"They good bagels, yes!"
And then I tipped her 50 cents so we said "Have good day!" to each other about 7 times before I finally got out the door.

This weekend I'd really like to make banana nut muffins with the old black bananas I have, but it's so rainy outside that I'll probably end up bypassing the Co-op on the way home. It's Halloween-decorating weekend here in Fishbein 705, so come one, come all.

I hope everyone's watching the debate tonight, especially because it's taking place on Kristen's campus. I get to hear all about debate fever. Crossfire and Hardball are both there, in addition to Mo Rocca (she's seeing him tonight after the debate) and Michael Moore (who actually cancelled his talk this week because of pneumonia, apparently). And on Kristen's front door, somebody smashed a John Kerry 2004 pumpkin. I know. Even the gourds are political this season.

Also, for your viewing pleasure: I swear I found this when I was researching meetings for work. The American Anthropological Association's got a sense of humor. I believe the condom is saying "Don't forget about me!" In Nepalese, that is. Not kidding.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home