As the Hollywood-minded among you probably heard, Ellen DeGeneres has been cast in the role of GOD in the remake of "Oh, God!" following in the footsteps of George Burns as well as various voice recordings of James Earl Jones. They say this will raise the ire of the religious right, but I'm more interested in who's replacing the role of John Denver. After all, anyone can play God; but who can fill the designer cowboy boots of the great JD? I'll accept either Zach Braff or Rizzo the Rat.
I watched Dirty Pretty Things today, after actively avoiding it in Video Galaxy for weeks. If the studio had used a different cover for the box, I would have rented it much earlier. What a fantastic movie. It's one of those movies whose premises do not interest me in the least, but when I finally watch them, I end up loving them. Like City of God, or The Station Agent, or Eat Drink Man Woman. Meanwhile, all the movies I think I'll like end up disappointing me.
I signed up for Sitemeter, which is the device Rita uses to counter-stalk the readers of her blog. I found some semi-interesting results about this site. Who from Virginia Tech do I know? I figure the person accessing from the Duke server is Lindsey. But why USF, Clemson, and Aquinas (where the hell is Aquinas? defend your institution!)? Then there's Grinnell. I assume that's the elusive Dale? Also, someone got here by searching "Illinois" and "fun." Hopefully it was not someone currently living in Illinois.
I watched Dirty Pretty Things today, after actively avoiding it in Video Galaxy for weeks. If the studio had used a different cover for the box, I would have rented it much earlier. What a fantastic movie. It's one of those movies whose premises do not interest me in the least, but when I finally watch them, I end up loving them. Like City of God, or The Station Agent, or Eat Drink Man Woman. Meanwhile, all the movies I think I'll like end up disappointing me.
I signed up for Sitemeter, which is the device Rita uses to counter-stalk the readers of her blog. I found some semi-interesting results about this site. Who from Virginia Tech do I know? I figure the person accessing from the Duke server is Lindsey. But why USF, Clemson, and Aquinas (where the hell is Aquinas? defend your institution!)? Then there's Grinnell. I assume that's the elusive Dale? Also, someone got here by searching "Illinois" and "fun." Hopefully it was not someone currently living in Illinois.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home