Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yesterday at the Bucks, this guy came in who used to be the minister at my family's Lutheran church until about the end of middle school. He doesn't look like your average Lutheran pastor: he's young, he's a Bowdoin graduate, and he's Jewish (methinks). A fairly liberal guy, I think he left our church under political circumstances. He taught my confirmation class when I went way back in middle school, and he actually made me like it. Pretty much, this guy's the reason I ever came close to being really religious. His last Sunday at our church was the Christmas Eve service, and really wanted to go so I could see him off before he left (for a campus ministry at USC). I hadn't seen him since until he came in for a latte on Wednesday. He was coming from a painting job, but he's back in town because he's quit the ministry and enrolled as a full-time law student at GSU.

So the last glimmer of my hypothetical spirituality is now studying law. Sigh.

I was about to complain about working too much, but I just learned that my sister is working from 8 (am) to 9 (pm) tomorrow and Tuesday. So I'll be quiet now. Anyway, next week I'll be in Cape Cod with loved ones, and that's over a week out of work. I don't think I'll enjoy a summer vacation within a summer vacation so much. How many times have you thought to yourself, "I can't wait until school starts so I can sleep in again!"?

The Cubs are up 7-1 in the bottom of the 7th, which means they'll probably blow it by the time I finish writing this. At the All-Star break, it's apparent that St. Louis is way too hott and they're not powerful enough to seal the division. Oh well. If the season ended today, they'd be the wild card, at least. Oh, wait. No.

I'm starting to miss school a little bit. Not necessarily Hyde Park or college life, although I'm sure I'll miss those in a month or two. I'm really just missing... OK, academics. I need a freakin' paper to write, or something. I'd even take a Hum Fucker. In fact, I'd take one especially. I also miss Anarchist.

Anything else? Umm... City of God is awesome... but it reminds me of another movie. Several, in fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home