Paul McCartney & Wings - Uncle Albert
Hey, remember gay marriage? Yeah, me neither. What a pleasant issue compared to Rummy & Co.'s recent photo fest.
The idea that the administration has no idea what they're doing scares me more than if they had some conniving scheme for oil, which seemes to be the popular liberal cry for 2003. This op-ed I read talked about how with Reagan, everyone knew where he was going, because he had a real poilcy, and even though he strayed from it sometimes, people knew what he had in mind for the future. I don't really know what this means, because all those last few weeks in APUSH are fuzzy, but it sounds like something the administration needs now. I'd even be glad if they cooked up some conniving scheme for oil. At least they would be organized. Has anyone noticed that the issue has moved so far past the motives for war that the biggest issue, which seems to be looming larger and scarier, is just how we're going to get ourselves out of it? Who remembers gay marriage, yes, but who remembers the World Trade Center attacks? Those were simpler times compared to now. Honestly, at the beginning of the war, I was willing to give the administration the benefit of the doubt as to what the real motives were. I think it's just been this year that I would deem the war, without a doubt, unjustified, because I think it is just now that the evidence outweighs the speculation.
I don't think Kerry's going to make this any better. The best he offers us is a country where we don't have to be embarrassed by the President, which might go a long way in rebuilding our rep throughout the world. But in terms of resolving Iraq in the best possible way, he's got no plan that I see. If I were him, I'd be scared shitless of getting elected.
Anyhow, it's raining and Paul McCartney sounds a lot more appealing than riding my bike to work. Work is where I'll revise my poetry paper before I turn it in at 11:30. The poem is "Diving into the Wreck" by Adrienne Rich. I call the revision process "diving into the wreck"! Ha ha! Aaaannny-who. I visited my Hum prof again yesterday and told him about the paper, and he said, "Oh yes. Adrienne Rich. I've met her on several occasions." And for the second day in a row, I responded with, "WHA...??" I've been doing that a lot in my professor's office. He called Rich a "formidable woman." I read that she totally blew off Clinton when she was offered the National Medal of Arts in 1998. How much chutzpah do you need to refuse the National Medal of Arts? I feel sorry for whoever got it in her stead. "Here, you're not too virtuous too accept this award, are you?"
I turn in my summer art fellowship proposal today. I like my chances better now that I've drawn up the outlines. I think my project looks pretty good on paper. We'll see. I think there's going to be like over one hundred applicants for only 8 slots.
It's now official that only me, Thomas, Hammad, and Chase are still left in school. Until June, no less. I miss Alpharetta terribly.
Less than a week until Kristen arrives!
Hey, remember gay marriage? Yeah, me neither. What a pleasant issue compared to Rummy & Co.'s recent photo fest.
The idea that the administration has no idea what they're doing scares me more than if they had some conniving scheme for oil, which seemes to be the popular liberal cry for 2003. This op-ed I read talked about how with Reagan, everyone knew where he was going, because he had a real poilcy, and even though he strayed from it sometimes, people knew what he had in mind for the future. I don't really know what this means, because all those last few weeks in APUSH are fuzzy, but it sounds like something the administration needs now. I'd even be glad if they cooked up some conniving scheme for oil. At least they would be organized. Has anyone noticed that the issue has moved so far past the motives for war that the biggest issue, which seems to be looming larger and scarier, is just how we're going to get ourselves out of it? Who remembers gay marriage, yes, but who remembers the World Trade Center attacks? Those were simpler times compared to now. Honestly, at the beginning of the war, I was willing to give the administration the benefit of the doubt as to what the real motives were. I think it's just been this year that I would deem the war, without a doubt, unjustified, because I think it is just now that the evidence outweighs the speculation.
I don't think Kerry's going to make this any better. The best he offers us is a country where we don't have to be embarrassed by the President, which might go a long way in rebuilding our rep throughout the world. But in terms of resolving Iraq in the best possible way, he's got no plan that I see. If I were him, I'd be scared shitless of getting elected.
Anyhow, it's raining and Paul McCartney sounds a lot more appealing than riding my bike to work. Work is where I'll revise my poetry paper before I turn it in at 11:30. The poem is "Diving into the Wreck" by Adrienne Rich. I call the revision process "diving into the wreck"! Ha ha! Aaaannny-who. I visited my Hum prof again yesterday and told him about the paper, and he said, "Oh yes. Adrienne Rich. I've met her on several occasions." And for the second day in a row, I responded with, "WHA...??" I've been doing that a lot in my professor's office. He called Rich a "formidable woman." I read that she totally blew off Clinton when she was offered the National Medal of Arts in 1998. How much chutzpah do you need to refuse the National Medal of Arts? I feel sorry for whoever got it in her stead. "Here, you're not too virtuous too accept this award, are you?"
I turn in my summer art fellowship proposal today. I like my chances better now that I've drawn up the outlines. I think my project looks pretty good on paper. We'll see. I think there's going to be like over one hundred applicants for only 8 slots.
It's now official that only me, Thomas, Hammad, and Chase are still left in school. Until June, no less. I miss Alpharetta terribly.
Less than a week until Kristen arrives!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home