Courtesy of the 97X message board, the hypothetical menu from America's first Indy Rock Restaurant:
Radiohead's Pablo Honey Barbeque Bhicken
The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Sandwich
They Might Be Cheesesticks
Smashing Pumpkin Pie
Iggy Popcorn Shrimp
Sundae Bloody Sundae
Nada Surf and Turf
Rock Lobster
Depeche a la Mode
Ani DiFranks and Beans
I kinda like the crudeness of that last one, but man, would I pay $7.99 for They Might Be Cheesesticks.
I'm going camping tomorrow night at the Indiana Dunes by Lake Michigan with the house. I always dread these trips beforehand, just because it's such a big chunk of the weekend that's cut out, but I always have fun when I finally go. As for tonight, though, I'm looking at a quiet evening in the dorm, excepting a few hours for Off-Off Campus. It should belike a nice quiet night at home in Alpharetta with Kristen... except without the Kristen part. But I'm going to curl up with a few books for class that I'm finally interested in, those being Tanizaki's The Key and Shelley's Frankenstein.
It wouldn't be Friday if I didn't end up feeling like an idiot in at least one of my discussion classes. I no longer have any control over my capacity for speech. Here's what Romanticism discussion sounded like today:
Me: Shelley's "Mask of Anarchy" reminds me a lot of Barbauld's "1811," just in, y'know, the way they both take a critical view of contemporary England...
Instructor: Good...
Me: ...y'know, in a pessimistic way...
Intructor: Pessimistic? Well, I don't know about that...
Me (thinking): Shit.
Kid #1: I disagree with Drew's perception of the poem as pessimistic.
Me (thinking): I meant critical.
Kid #2: I actually don't think the poem's pessimistic at all.
Me (thinking): Critical!
Kid #3: In fact, I think this poem is like a shining beacon of hope. I don't see pessimism--
Me (thinking): Criticism!
Kid #3: --anywhere in this entire poem, in its entirety-as-a-poem, entirety!
Me (thinking): Help!
Instructor: I think you're right. This poem is definitely not pessimistic.
Ever had that happen? I just seem to be that kid more than usual lately.
Well, I'm consoled by my A- on that Romanticism mid-term, which, it turned out, was pretty hard to get. And I did it in the single day after the cast party, too. So neh, discussion class. Neh indeed.
Radiohead's Pablo Honey Barbeque Bhicken
The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Sandwich
They Might Be Cheesesticks
Smashing Pumpkin Pie
Iggy Popcorn Shrimp
Sundae Bloody Sundae
Nada Surf and Turf
Rock Lobster
Depeche a la Mode
Ani DiFranks and Beans
I kinda like the crudeness of that last one, but man, would I pay $7.99 for They Might Be Cheesesticks.
I'm going camping tomorrow night at the Indiana Dunes by Lake Michigan with the house. I always dread these trips beforehand, just because it's such a big chunk of the weekend that's cut out, but I always have fun when I finally go. As for tonight, though, I'm looking at a quiet evening in the dorm, excepting a few hours for Off-Off Campus. It should belike a nice quiet night at home in Alpharetta with Kristen... except without the Kristen part. But I'm going to curl up with a few books for class that I'm finally interested in, those being Tanizaki's The Key and Shelley's Frankenstein.
It wouldn't be Friday if I didn't end up feeling like an idiot in at least one of my discussion classes. I no longer have any control over my capacity for speech. Here's what Romanticism discussion sounded like today:
Me: Shelley's "Mask of Anarchy" reminds me a lot of Barbauld's "1811," just in, y'know, the way they both take a critical view of contemporary England...
Instructor: Good...
Me: ...y'know, in a pessimistic way...
Intructor: Pessimistic? Well, I don't know about that...
Me (thinking): Shit.
Kid #1: I disagree with Drew's perception of the poem as pessimistic.
Me (thinking): I meant critical.
Kid #2: I actually don't think the poem's pessimistic at all.
Me (thinking): Critical!
Kid #3: In fact, I think this poem is like a shining beacon of hope. I don't see pessimism--
Me (thinking): Criticism!
Kid #3: --anywhere in this entire poem, in its entirety-as-a-poem, entirety!
Me (thinking): Help!
Instructor: I think you're right. This poem is definitely not pessimistic.
Ever had that happen? I just seem to be that kid more than usual lately.
Well, I'm consoled by my A- on that Romanticism mid-term, which, it turned out, was pretty hard to get. And I did it in the single day after the cast party, too. So neh, discussion class. Neh indeed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home