Sunday, May 09, 2004

Coldplay - "Sparks"

Coldplay is one of the few popular bands that I will be proud to tell my kids that I used to listen to in my prime. Kristen outright disagrees with me, though.

Friday night, Julia and I made a bet who could stay off the Facebook the longest. It's been almost 48 hours, and I'm getting the shakes. However, in my non-Facebook enterprises, I have been most productive this weekend.

This Summer Arts Fellowship is giving me hell. OK, so my proposal is an adaptation of a Michael Chabon short story, "A Model World," for a theatrical production. I think it would work great as a farce along the lines of Black Comedy. The thing is, I'm not all that interested in playwrighting, except for this particular project. I just love the idea of seeing this thing on stage. The intimidation factor of adapting it represents the downside and the upside. I told Kristen that I wasn't sure what I was more afraid of: being rejected or actually winning a Fellowship. I might end up killing myself over it, but I think that might be the point of the Fellowship. It's supposed to take all summer and it's supposed to be a challenge. I told my mom and Kristen tonight that I was thinking of not doing it, but as soon as I said it I thought how stupid it would be to not apply.

I went to the lake again today, where was held the latest round of Jane Austen vs. The Spring Quarter Attention Span. I saw Julia and her parents, and my Romanticism professor out running, and one of the promotions managers from work who intimidate me. I always expect to see people at the Point, but I never expect to see the people I see. I walked around campus, too, and it felt like the summer when I was here two years ago. Which still represents some sort of pinnacle in my life, I guess. OK, it's maybe a little early to start picking and labelling pinnacles in my life. Let's just leave it as, this afternoon, I remembered how much I like the smell of summer in the Midwest.

Starbucks has striken Chocolate Brownie Frappacinos from their menu, I learned today. Now I need to find a new golden calf for the summer.

And Rita wants to know who from BC is going to her blog. I don't want to name names, but I have my suspicions, and I'm looking in the general direction of Alaska.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home