Hoy, Accidental Death of an Anarchist opened last night to a house full of UT-ers. Because of this, it's tricky guaging audience response, but I think they had fun. I had fun, and it might not be "the" show of the quarter, but there's nothing better than those rehearsals were. And last night pre-show, Chris S. pulled out the acoustic guitar early and we sang along to "Loser," "Say it Ain't So," and "Bohemian Like You." Such a musical cast. So tonight my parents will get in, which makes me a little antsy because they're bringing along one aunt, two uncles, and a pair of grandparents to see the show over Friday and Saturday, which means that I have to buy a ridiculous number of tickets beforehand in the wake of the ticket-reserve debacle that struck UT this year. OK, nobody knows what I'm talking about. But for some reason, this has been worrying me all week. Who knows why. Maybe I should savor this time in my life when my biggest worry is reserving tickets to a small college play.
I keep thinking that the closing of Anarchist coincides with the end of school, but in reality, I have over five weeks left starting Monday. And I'm being constantly tempted to formulate these end-of-the-year conclusions prematurely when I haven't even started my last leg. I need to find something to do these last 5 weeks, for sure. I can't get enough of the busy.
I got an email about new Arts Council Summer Fellowships. I'd like to do apply to do some sort of writing project this summer, but the deadline is in only two weeks. I will make the decision whether or not to stress myself out about something I won't get later this weekend.
And maybe I'll say a little something more of our run on Sunday. Off to Poetry.
I keep thinking that the closing of Anarchist coincides with the end of school, but in reality, I have over five weeks left starting Monday. And I'm being constantly tempted to formulate these end-of-the-year conclusions prematurely when I haven't even started my last leg. I need to find something to do these last 5 weeks, for sure. I can't get enough of the busy.
I got an email about new Arts Council Summer Fellowships. I'd like to do apply to do some sort of writing project this summer, but the deadline is in only two weeks. I will make the decision whether or not to stress myself out about something I won't get later this weekend.
And maybe I'll say a little something more of our run on Sunday. Off to Poetry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home