As I said: my girlfriend is the only one I know who will follow Nine Inch Nails with Peter, Paul, & Mary on a mix.
So, the two of us have this list going of all the movies we want to rent, except this list doesn't exist and we always draw blanks when we're put on the spot at a video store. Except, for some reason, we've latched onto Sex and Lucia as our #1 movie to see (maybe because of the sex part), and the video store has been out of it all spring, and so I ended up just buying the thing on Friday morning at Border's before she came into town. I think it was worth it, too.
You know what else is worth it? A dinner that costs over one hundred dollars. I am not kidding. I have developed dangerously expensive tastes. I don't know if Kristen enjoyed it more than I did (I guess she loved the dessert more), but I was just... wow. Even though the waiter was immediately put off by our "we're here to order no wine at all" smiles. I never knew food could bring such joy. The place was Kevin and it was just north of the river off State, recommended by my supervisor Jenn at work, actually. The best part about it was that now I have a trendy, up-scale place to recommend to people when they come to town. If anyone ever gets around to asking.
But time is finite and now she's gone again. I won't see her until the end of May when she comes again, which seems like such a long time away, but I'm hoping against hope that the days will fly past. It's looking good for me, at least. But the time is never easy. I'm still glad that I'm on track to graduate early.
Both Daniel and Adam have mentioned that Garden State trailer on their blogs. I should say that I'm really not trusting the film right now because the trailer makes it look so good. I'm afraid it can never be as good as the trailer, with that song, and the Natalie Portman-dance-thing, and Zach Braff looking like Luke Wilson + John Ritter. It better not suck. Oh well, the song is "Let Go" by Frou Frou and it's really getting under my skin in the best possible ways.
Tomorrow... another week... good. Because we're giving up chocolate for the next 7 days. What is it about Christ's resurrection that gives me such a sweet tooth?
So, the two of us have this list going of all the movies we want to rent, except this list doesn't exist and we always draw blanks when we're put on the spot at a video store. Except, for some reason, we've latched onto Sex and Lucia as our #1 movie to see (maybe because of the sex part), and the video store has been out of it all spring, and so I ended up just buying the thing on Friday morning at Border's before she came into town. I think it was worth it, too.
You know what else is worth it? A dinner that costs over one hundred dollars. I am not kidding. I have developed dangerously expensive tastes. I don't know if Kristen enjoyed it more than I did (I guess she loved the dessert more), but I was just... wow. Even though the waiter was immediately put off by our "we're here to order no wine at all" smiles. I never knew food could bring such joy. The place was Kevin and it was just north of the river off State, recommended by my supervisor Jenn at work, actually. The best part about it was that now I have a trendy, up-scale place to recommend to people when they come to town. If anyone ever gets around to asking.
But time is finite and now she's gone again. I won't see her until the end of May when she comes again, which seems like such a long time away, but I'm hoping against hope that the days will fly past. It's looking good for me, at least. But the time is never easy. I'm still glad that I'm on track to graduate early.
Both Daniel and Adam have mentioned that Garden State trailer on their blogs. I should say that I'm really not trusting the film right now because the trailer makes it look so good. I'm afraid it can never be as good as the trailer, with that song, and the Natalie Portman-dance-thing, and Zach Braff looking like Luke Wilson + John Ritter. It better not suck. Oh well, the song is "Let Go" by Frou Frou and it's really getting under my skin in the best possible ways.
Tomorrow... another week... good. Because we're giving up chocolate for the next 7 days. What is it about Christ's resurrection that gives me such a sweet tooth?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home