Sunday, April 04, 2004

Ahem.

All of the sudden, I am very, very, busy.

Let's reiterate. The 4 classes you know. The 15-hour/week job you know as well. I also have a 15-page short story I need to finish by this Thursday if I want to get in this cool workshop. Maybe I've told a few of you about this.

But all of a sudden, developments have developed in a developmental manner. Suddenly, I am in a play. It goes up in 4 weeks. Accidental Death of an Anarchist by Dario Fo. I think it's Black Comedy but I'm not gay and it's about politics. But the funny is there. Oh is it there. We had a physical comedy workshop today with a guy who is apparently a European-trained clown and he was amazing, and we basically did 2 hours of non-verbal improvisation in characters that made us feel like we've been rehearsing for weeks, even though we've had one line-thru and it was just yesterday. And did I mention? It goes up in 4 weeks. Four. Like a fork, the ones that have four tongs, at least.

Secondly, I have a weekly tour guide spot! Which is somewhat rare for first-years, but thanks to a random lottery system, I will be dragging 2-10 prospective students around campus every Wednesday morning at 10:30.

This is a crazy amount of stuff to be doing. It's all so exciting right now, though, because none of the academic shit has hit the proverbial fan yet. Also, I'm having to subtract a weekend visit to Kristen next month, which made me almost not want to do the play. My consolation is that I'll be so busy that the time until May 20 will go quickly, and Kristen's consolation is that I will buy her lots of chocolate pretzels when she finally comes.

More later, maybe. I gots me some Romanticism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home