Spring Break is starting to wind down, though I'm no closer to going back than I was at the start. Especially because the COVA art class I want still hasn't opened up, and I'll probably have to pink slip my way into it, which is a dirty, dirty thing that I don't want to do.
I wandered the halls of MHS a little bit yesterday afternoon, just as an experiment. It's always fun to do that, and I won't try and describe it because most of you have already done it and know what I'm talking about. I even stopped into Wade's room because the door was unlocked, but I felt like I was trespassing on some sacred shrine (with yellowing Floyd and Bad Religion posters). And in my reverie I was stopped by a janitor who subtely told me to get the hell out. When did wanting to hang around school for a few extra hours become against policy? Chee! Thrown out of my own (ex-)school.
Other than that, I've pretty much stayed away from high school; I'm still averse to visiting, even for teachers who probably wouldn't mind if I dropped by. I did drop by Our Town rehearsal and call for a little bit, though. Even when I'm a veteran of Studio Theater, I still feel like a novice. All the seniors made me feel at home, of course. And Our Town was great, though they don't need to hear that from me.
Thomas comes tonight, so I should probably finish up this job hunt, which... has kinda petered out, for lack of new ideas. I need more suggestions, maybe. Really, all I want to do is get more brownie frappacino and drive around Bethany and Hopewell (the roads, not the Watzmans).
However, I have rediscovered the joys of Kazaa Lite K++ on a server that is not inhibited by the college computer stooges, so I am going on another download binge. Actually, I was thinking, since I seem to blog so much about music, maybe I could create a blog that just rambles about music. That way, I could cut some of the fat out of these entries. Anybody want to go in on it with me?
I wandered the halls of MHS a little bit yesterday afternoon, just as an experiment. It's always fun to do that, and I won't try and describe it because most of you have already done it and know what I'm talking about. I even stopped into Wade's room because the door was unlocked, but I felt like I was trespassing on some sacred shrine (with yellowing Floyd and Bad Religion posters). And in my reverie I was stopped by a janitor who subtely told me to get the hell out. When did wanting to hang around school for a few extra hours become against policy? Chee! Thrown out of my own (ex-)school.
Other than that, I've pretty much stayed away from high school; I'm still averse to visiting, even for teachers who probably wouldn't mind if I dropped by. I did drop by Our Town rehearsal and call for a little bit, though. Even when I'm a veteran of Studio Theater, I still feel like a novice. All the seniors made me feel at home, of course. And Our Town was great, though they don't need to hear that from me.
Thomas comes tonight, so I should probably finish up this job hunt, which... has kinda petered out, for lack of new ideas. I need more suggestions, maybe. Really, all I want to do is get more brownie frappacino and drive around Bethany and Hopewell (the roads, not the Watzmans).
However, I have rediscovered the joys of Kazaa Lite K++ on a server that is not inhibited by the college computer stooges, so I am going on another download binge. Actually, I was thinking, since I seem to blog so much about music, maybe I could create a blog that just rambles about music. That way, I could cut some of the fat out of these entries. Anybody want to go in on it with me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home