Monday, March 15, 2004

I've got my final chemistry final in less than an hour, but who says I don't have time for a little bloggy-blog?

Today's my last day of the quarter, and I must say, it's turning out to be the best. I don't mean that in a "get me the hell out of this place" way, I just mean that I really relish my traveling days here. I like running all my errands and putting everything in order and straightening up my portion of the suite. I become transient, which allows me to look at everything in a novel way and I end up leaving the university with a very fond impression.

I can't wait until I bring a car up here. I want to bring one for the sole reason that I can drive it home. For some reason, I've really romanticized the car ride home from Chicago to Atlanta. I feel like when I can finally make the trip home, autonomously, I'll enter some sort of transcendental state of wisdom. I know, I know, I'm always looking for transcendental states of wisdom, and when I finally find the real deal, I swear the blogs will get more interesting.

Rita, Julia, Becky and I had a productive discourse on the Core curriculum last night, although "productive" usually means it was stopped by someone trying to throttle Rita. The question was pretty much the standard "are we getting a liberal arts education," and whether or not we are, it's certainly a credit to the school that its students are spending their free time debating it. Chalk it up to one of those "Prospective Student Brochure" moments.

The "Can't Wash it Off Weekend" turned into a 2-Day Festival of Peace & Love with the songs I downloaded from The Bens EP (a collaborative work between Ben Folds, Ben Kweller, and Ben Lee... yeah!!). Use your Free Super-Happy Pepsi iTunes Corporate Lucky Promotion Tie-In Song to download "Just Pretend," and you'll be hooked.

And it is possible that I blog too much about music.

(Mon.) CHI --> STL --> CHI --> ATL (Thu.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home