It's so... Grammy?
I woke up this morning craving U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind. It turned out to be not such a bad thing.
The real bad thing is that I can't find the description of essay topics for my paper on The Conversation that's due tomorrow, so I have to do my best to remember what I have to write about. Hopefully it'll be so lucid that all pretense of adhering to assignment will just fall away from my professor's mind.
Um... I'm out of dining points? I didn't know that was possible for a first-year unless you actually tried. So now I have five days left here where I am at the mercy of my peers and their extra dining points.
Yesterday morning was really productive. The chem exam was a breeze since Oka decided that, while it was supposed to be on quantum mechanics, it didn't really have to be on quantum mechanics. The hardest part of the exam is that I couldn't remember what a nanometer was. But I guessed, and it turned out right. (I said the day was productive, not interesting). Afterwards, I went to shadow a guided tour (I have to shadow two before I can start). I realized that I hadn't considered the presence of many international students on the tours that won't neccessarily catch the subtleties of my quick, subtle American humor. For those tours, I'll just do physical comedy like pratfalls and throwing pinecones at passing Nobel laureates. Then at Civ, in celebration of the last day of class, I was blessed with baklava.
Work yesterday turned out to be really depressing... it's too bad, because I took that job in order to stave off that kind of thing. For some reason, endless hole-punching just encourages it. I even programmed by iPod to randomly play every single Ben Folds song I have, but Ben ended up just being too melancholy. So I was glad to get the hell out of there, and I had a good social dinner, and it made things better.
I finished my last lab report last night, and I do mean last lab report in its utter most finality, like for the rest of my life. Cosmically, just as I was finishing, my lab manual split asunder. I'm not kidding, the binding just spontanteously undid itself, and I have no idea how to put it back together (not that it matters). It's really creepy.
Kristen's in Florida and she has a new haircut, which I can't see until Monday night. Monday is when I take my chem final, and then grab my stuff and taxi straight to Union Station to catch the train to STL, where I'll stay until (probably) Thursday, at which point I train back to Chicago, where I'll immediately take the orange line straight from Union Station to Midway where I'll fly back to ATL that same afternoon. I know, it's like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, if I had seen that movie and knew what it was about.
Stupid Bono. On with The Smiths.
I woke up this morning craving U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind. It turned out to be not such a bad thing.
The real bad thing is that I can't find the description of essay topics for my paper on The Conversation that's due tomorrow, so I have to do my best to remember what I have to write about. Hopefully it'll be so lucid that all pretense of adhering to assignment will just fall away from my professor's mind.
Um... I'm out of dining points? I didn't know that was possible for a first-year unless you actually tried. So now I have five days left here where I am at the mercy of my peers and their extra dining points.
Yesterday morning was really productive. The chem exam was a breeze since Oka decided that, while it was supposed to be on quantum mechanics, it didn't really have to be on quantum mechanics. The hardest part of the exam is that I couldn't remember what a nanometer was. But I guessed, and it turned out right. (I said the day was productive, not interesting). Afterwards, I went to shadow a guided tour (I have to shadow two before I can start). I realized that I hadn't considered the presence of many international students on the tours that won't neccessarily catch the subtleties of my quick, subtle American humor. For those tours, I'll just do physical comedy like pratfalls and throwing pinecones at passing Nobel laureates. Then at Civ, in celebration of the last day of class, I was blessed with baklava.
Work yesterday turned out to be really depressing... it's too bad, because I took that job in order to stave off that kind of thing. For some reason, endless hole-punching just encourages it. I even programmed by iPod to randomly play every single Ben Folds song I have, but Ben ended up just being too melancholy. So I was glad to get the hell out of there, and I had a good social dinner, and it made things better.
I finished my last lab report last night, and I do mean last lab report in its utter most finality, like for the rest of my life. Cosmically, just as I was finishing, my lab manual split asunder. I'm not kidding, the binding just spontanteously undid itself, and I have no idea how to put it back together (not that it matters). It's really creepy.
Kristen's in Florida and she has a new haircut, which I can't see until Monday night. Monday is when I take my chem final, and then grab my stuff and taxi straight to Union Station to catch the train to STL, where I'll stay until (probably) Thursday, at which point I train back to Chicago, where I'll immediately take the orange line straight from Union Station to Midway where I'll fly back to ATL that same afternoon. I know, it's like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, if I had seen that movie and knew what it was about.
Stupid Bono. On with The Smiths.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home