From about 5:30 to 9:30 this evening I stayed in the Reg studying Chemistry and European Civ (with only a short break to Bart Mart for the daily Snickers). But instead of feeling like a mole, I feel absolutely accomplished and prepared for my exam tomorrow, and as soon as I'm able to pry myself away from this computer, I'll go off to sleep the sweet sweet sleep of the industrious.
"Last week on Boy From Illinois..." Kristen was coming in on Friday and staying through this morning. I have to say that I feel more at peace and whole this time than last month when I left her (which maybe promises that this coming month will, ahem, *not* be hell). At the same time, I find it very sad that, before I left for Hum this morning, she had her stuff strewn all over my room, and when I returned, there wasn't a trace of her anywhere except for a note placed on top of Whale Rider, which she reminded me to return (I did). It's a cruel little magic trick.
Whirlwind summary of the weekend? Running on the Midway, reading Bradbury stories out loud, Love Actually at DOC, inferior chicken wraps (compared to Athens) at Salonica, studying at Harper/ Harry Potter Library, walking through sleet around Clarke & Belmont, Pick Me Up Cafe, The Passion of the Christ, CTA transportation, Whale Rider, Uno's Pizza, Chocolate-Covered Pretzels, and lots and lots of yogurt. Listing prevents me from cutesie meandering descriptions and recap. And yogurt is not code for sex.
It has been brought to my attention that writing a blog requires of me opinions on issues. So I thought about writing on The Passion of the Christ, but I'm really... really tired right now. My opinion was one of indifference, anyway. Because no matter what anyone wants to make it, it's a movie, not an issue, anyway, and Mel Gibson is going to incite neither a wave of anti-Semitism nor a Christian revival. What he's going to do is make shitload of money, and he deserves it, because beneath all the expectations he made a pretty good movie.
Finally, I got lost Friday night on the way to Union Station because I was distracted talking to Thomas on the cell phone. I was supposed to be heading west off the green line, but it seemed to be taking a long time, and all of a sudden the skyscrapers around me just stopped, and I was like, "I don't remember the west side looking like this. When did they put a lake here?" So I ended up walking twice the distance I was supposed to conserve by wasting time riding the Loop and because of it I ran into a homeless guy who I gave too much money to, who then made me feel guilty for not giving him more. They can spot sure 'em, I have to give them that.
"Last week on Boy From Illinois..." Kristen was coming in on Friday and staying through this morning. I have to say that I feel more at peace and whole this time than last month when I left her (which maybe promises that this coming month will, ahem, *not* be hell). At the same time, I find it very sad that, before I left for Hum this morning, she had her stuff strewn all over my room, and when I returned, there wasn't a trace of her anywhere except for a note placed on top of Whale Rider, which she reminded me to return (I did). It's a cruel little magic trick.
Whirlwind summary of the weekend? Running on the Midway, reading Bradbury stories out loud, Love Actually at DOC, inferior chicken wraps (compared to Athens) at Salonica, studying at Harper/ Harry Potter Library, walking through sleet around Clarke & Belmont, Pick Me Up Cafe, The Passion of the Christ, CTA transportation, Whale Rider, Uno's Pizza, Chocolate-Covered Pretzels, and lots and lots of yogurt. Listing prevents me from cutesie meandering descriptions and recap. And yogurt is not code for sex.
It has been brought to my attention that writing a blog requires of me opinions on issues. So I thought about writing on The Passion of the Christ, but I'm really... really tired right now. My opinion was one of indifference, anyway. Because no matter what anyone wants to make it, it's a movie, not an issue, anyway, and Mel Gibson is going to incite neither a wave of anti-Semitism nor a Christian revival. What he's going to do is make shitload of money, and he deserves it, because beneath all the expectations he made a pretty good movie.
Finally, I got lost Friday night on the way to Union Station because I was distracted talking to Thomas on the cell phone. I was supposed to be heading west off the green line, but it seemed to be taking a long time, and all of a sudden the skyscrapers around me just stopped, and I was like, "I don't remember the west side looking like this. When did they put a lake here?" So I ended up walking twice the distance I was supposed to conserve by wasting time riding the Loop and because of it I ran into a homeless guy who I gave too much money to, who then made me feel guilty for not giving him more. They can spot sure 'em, I have to give them that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home