Sunday, February 22, 2004

Sometime during the night last night, somebody stole our campus and replaced it with a warm, sunny, grassy University of Chicago. I don't know who did it, but whoever you are, you can keep the old one.

Once again, I woke up prematurely at 7:30 this morning, and that was after an hour of forcing myself to go back to sleep. I put on all of yesterday's clothes and went to Bartlett, picking up two letters from Kristen at the mailboxes on the way, and arrived at Bartlett 10 minutes before they opened. So I walked around University and 56th a little bit, past the Blue Gargoyle (our urine-smelling Improv haven) and the sleeping frats, not needing my jacket but keeping it on anyway. Nothing more than a beautiful morning, but it's been such a long time since I've had one that I enjoyed walking around and reminding my skin what sunshine feels like. It helped having two letters in your pocket that you can't wait to read.

Now I'm in the library, but again I can't seem to figure out my chemistry lab, so I'll have to go and beg someone for help. After this I'm thinking of walking out to the Point before it gets too chilly again, and maybe I'll use the time to call Kristen and hear about her weekend with the Wilderness Project.

Friday night was Doors Open on the Right at Second City. Lots of good comedy and Steve "fan interference" Bartman jokes, but I do prefer the atmosphere at Improv Olympic. I guess it's because I don't really know the Second City shows and stages yet, or because it felt like one half of the Second City crowd were out-of-towners and Ladies Night Out groups. Well, we should go on a weekday.

Yesterday I went to Tour Guide Training. It made me really excited about giving tours. We were taken on a mock tour and, after a while, I started seeing the campus like I'd never been there before. It sounds geeky, but I had to keep myself from thinking, "Wow, I'd love to go here!" I can totally see how giving a tour can help remind you of why you came here, because I guess I forget that a lot.

We raided the Snail again last night and split a Bubble Tea for Julia's birthday, and then it was 10 Things I Hate About You (second weekend in a row). And... and then I found five dollars, and then I went to bed. The End.

Too many daily chronicles here, maybe not enough commentary. I'll work on it. My parents are coming in Thursday for the Humanities Core Colloquium, and they're going to stay through Saturday, and that will give me a good break, and maybe I'll get out of Max and stay in a hotel room for a night. Sweet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home