Return of the King soundtrack
Yeah Rilo Kiley!! They're the artist du jour, if jour means "January." Not as good as Belle and Sebastian's Dear Catastrophe Waitress, but the right music at just the right time. If you're unfamiliar, they did the song in Jason Perlman's "Something More." But now Becky has the CD, so I'm listening to the ROTK soundtrack from some kid's iTunes files on the network. Bit I'm going to see Rilo Kiley here Jan. 26th, unless...
...unless I get this part. In Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood. Well, first off, I got the job at the UC Press. I come in Monday to start the paperwork, and I'll be working about 12 hours a week. Which isn't all the bad, about 4 hours Mon.-Wed., probably less because it sounds like they're not that busy at this time of year. But I decided to go out for this audition anyway. Apparently some kid dropped out, and they were reauditioning the part to UT people, and I responded to the email. And it was an OK audition. There are always a million things I can think of that I should have done differently, but I get a thrill from auditioning, and I think I proved some range. So I don't know. I kinda feel like I should throw myself out there again. To theatre, I mean. I've always given up on things so easily in the past because I flaked out or I wanted to try a zillion other things. All of my college application essays were all about how I was so glad that i'd never stuck with one activity or even two during high school, playing up the angle that I was a "Renaissance Man." Deep down, I wish I'd spent 4 years doing drama, or doing marching band, or doing visual art.
But, in the short term, I will finally be making money to spend on stuff like Second City shows or toothpaste so my parents don't have to.
Now begins prep for the first chem lab of the quarter. I'd forgotten how much I loathe these.
Yeah Rilo Kiley!! They're the artist du jour, if jour means "January." Not as good as Belle and Sebastian's Dear Catastrophe Waitress, but the right music at just the right time. If you're unfamiliar, they did the song in Jason Perlman's "Something More." But now Becky has the CD, so I'm listening to the ROTK soundtrack from some kid's iTunes files on the network. Bit I'm going to see Rilo Kiley here Jan. 26th, unless...
...unless I get this part. In Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood. Well, first off, I got the job at the UC Press. I come in Monday to start the paperwork, and I'll be working about 12 hours a week. Which isn't all the bad, about 4 hours Mon.-Wed., probably less because it sounds like they're not that busy at this time of year. But I decided to go out for this audition anyway. Apparently some kid dropped out, and they were reauditioning the part to UT people, and I responded to the email. And it was an OK audition. There are always a million things I can think of that I should have done differently, but I get a thrill from auditioning, and I think I proved some range. So I don't know. I kinda feel like I should throw myself out there again. To theatre, I mean. I've always given up on things so easily in the past because I flaked out or I wanted to try a zillion other things. All of my college application essays were all about how I was so glad that i'd never stuck with one activity or even two during high school, playing up the angle that I was a "Renaissance Man." Deep down, I wish I'd spent 4 years doing drama, or doing marching band, or doing visual art.
But, in the short term, I will finally be making money to spend on stuff like Second City shows or toothpaste so my parents don't have to.
Now begins prep for the first chem lab of the quarter. I'd forgotten how much I loathe these.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home