Saturday, December 06, 2003

We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Some Ass...!

"Sure Thing" was definitely a hit with the small audience of 20 that squeezed into the design lab. No lines were missed, which is a miracle in itself, and we got some nice compliments about our staging. That's good, because all day yesterday people were giving us these derisive looks like "You're the ones doing 'Sure Thing?'" as, apparently, it's a scene everyone's done a million times in their Intro to Intro to Beginning Acting Fundamentals negative 101 class. But yeah, what a fun scene!

The rest of UT Day was excellent especially as a deterrent for writing papers, and I should remind myself to set aside some time next year to see more of it. Cara from upstairs and some Henry V/Off-Off folk put on some adapted Edward Gorey poems, which was uber-fun for all.

I had to attend a make-up Euro Civ class, but my instructor felt so remorseful for making us meet during reading period that he brought in lunch from a North side Middle-Eastern bakery: spinach pies, green olives, dates, hummus. I guess the only bad thing about today was that it never snowed--something that the usually infallible weather.com has been predicting for the entire week.

Now there's really nothing to do tonight, and since everyone has spent the entire day hibernating in their dorms, nobody's really in the mood to go out. Then the Dane Cook DVD short-circuited, and there's not a single I Love the '80s in sight on VH1, which has become nothing more than MTV's bitch. Maybe I should've gone to see They Might Be Giants at the Vic with Sarah, but my wallet will thank me later. Kristen's out seeing Bubba Ho-Tep, that insane movie about Elvis Presley and the black JFK in a nursing home, as she continues to surpass me in her social life. Never fear, Rickert, we will be out of Max West tomorrow night or my name is Cindy.

To conclude: I am out of the Nog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home