Things are not getting done around here. I did not get a reasonable amount of chem/calc studying done today. Instead, I opened a Citibank account, downloaded a lot of music, and took some night pictures of the christmas lights on campus. Those second two are of the Snell-Hitchcock dorm, which reminded me of how much I wanted in there. Oh well, I put far too much emphasis on housing.
I think these two weeks after Thanksgiving have been better than the whole quarter combined, and it's nice to know that, while I'll be enjoying home very much, I won't have to dread the return to school. I don't know what's been different; the workload is considerably lighter, but that was never really a problem. Looking back, I honestly can't make sense of what was going on in my head September through November, which is a little frightening, because I remember my emotions being very real and palpable. I'm wary of feeling disconnected, because I do remember fearing the day when I'd stop feeling tragically homesick and become one of those people who go off to college and leave everything behind without blinking an eye. It's kind of like The Stepford Wives when Katherine Ross does all she can to prevent herself from becoming a robot, but in the end, she eventually becomes a robot just like all the other wives and can't for the life of her remember why she was so opposed to the idea. What if I've become the robot? What if it's better than not being a robot and being miserable? I think there has to be a happy medium between loving home/loathing college and loathing home/loving college.
I think these two weeks after Thanksgiving have been better than the whole quarter combined, and it's nice to know that, while I'll be enjoying home very much, I won't have to dread the return to school. I don't know what's been different; the workload is considerably lighter, but that was never really a problem. Looking back, I honestly can't make sense of what was going on in my head September through November, which is a little frightening, because I remember my emotions being very real and palpable. I'm wary of feeling disconnected, because I do remember fearing the day when I'd stop feeling tragically homesick and become one of those people who go off to college and leave everything behind without blinking an eye. It's kind of like The Stepford Wives when Katherine Ross does all she can to prevent herself from becoming a robot, but in the end, she eventually becomes a robot just like all the other wives and can't for the life of her remember why she was so opposed to the idea. What if I've become the robot? What if it's better than not being a robot and being miserable? I think there has to be a happy medium between loving home/loathing college and loathing home/loving college.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home