OK, OK, I'm going to blog again. But I'm only doing it for you.
This week seems easy, not really from any lack of work to do, but from lack of structure. How can I motivate myself to study for a test that's a week and a day away? No, University of Chicago, I can't be asked to do that.
My final paper for Media Aesthetics is going to turn out to be really good or really doofus-y. I'm trying to connect Laura Mulvey's feminist take on Vertigo and relate it to Foucault's theory of gaze (not the gays, gaze) in Velazquez's Las Meninas. If I can just get a thesis, it might be dynamite.
Last night turned out to be unusually social. I had dinner with the Henry V cast after our post-mortem meeting, which was surprisingly enjoyable. Catharine and I have proposed referring to Max Palevsky Residential Commons as "The Maxx," and I expect you all to follow suit. Also, I'm bypassing the house lottery and building my own treehouse to live in next year. After Bartlett I skipped out on Cabaret to hold a mini-Christmas party with Becky, Julia, Alexandria, and Jeremy in my room, complete with festive music, a cheeseball, a log of carrot cake, and The Nog. Everyone in Rickert fears the power of The Nog, especially Jeremy, who holds the irrational assumption it tastes like eggs. After they left, Anna dropped by to give me an impromptu speech on UT and alcoholism, and then the bed beckoned.
A little while ago I found Jon Ryan Quinn's entertaining blog. For some reason he seems to be everywhere in my life, despite the fact that I don't even know him: I went to class with him on spring prospie weekend, I got PSAC letters from him over the summer, in Sept. I discovered he's on UT committee, I talk with him at the O-week mixer, and now the blog. Small world, blogging.
Tomorrow is UT Day, which means I'm performing "Sure Thing" with Sarah. Come see us in the Design Lab at 1:00, even though we're going to royally screw up our lines.
Next Wednesday: David Sedaris's "Santaland Diaries"! And then it's only two days until I'm back in Georgia, and watching Muppet Christmas specials with friends.
This week seems easy, not really from any lack of work to do, but from lack of structure. How can I motivate myself to study for a test that's a week and a day away? No, University of Chicago, I can't be asked to do that.
My final paper for Media Aesthetics is going to turn out to be really good or really doofus-y. I'm trying to connect Laura Mulvey's feminist take on Vertigo and relate it to Foucault's theory of gaze (not the gays, gaze) in Velazquez's Las Meninas. If I can just get a thesis, it might be dynamite.
Last night turned out to be unusually social. I had dinner with the Henry V cast after our post-mortem meeting, which was surprisingly enjoyable. Catharine and I have proposed referring to Max Palevsky Residential Commons as "The Maxx," and I expect you all to follow suit. Also, I'm bypassing the house lottery and building my own treehouse to live in next year. After Bartlett I skipped out on Cabaret to hold a mini-Christmas party with Becky, Julia, Alexandria, and Jeremy in my room, complete with festive music, a cheeseball, a log of carrot cake, and The Nog. Everyone in Rickert fears the power of The Nog, especially Jeremy, who holds the irrational assumption it tastes like eggs. After they left, Anna dropped by to give me an impromptu speech on UT and alcoholism, and then the bed beckoned.
A little while ago I found Jon Ryan Quinn's entertaining blog. For some reason he seems to be everywhere in my life, despite the fact that I don't even know him: I went to class with him on spring prospie weekend, I got PSAC letters from him over the summer, in Sept. I discovered he's on UT committee, I talk with him at the O-week mixer, and now the blog. Small world, blogging.
Tomorrow is UT Day, which means I'm performing "Sure Thing" with Sarah. Come see us in the Design Lab at 1:00, even though we're going to royally screw up our lines.
Next Wednesday: David Sedaris's "Santaland Diaries"! And then it's only two days until I'm back in Georgia, and watching Muppet Christmas specials with friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home