Thursday, November 13, 2003

"Well I've been waking up at sunrise... I've been following the light across my room..."

So many people doing shows, and I know nothing about them! Sigh. I wish take some of these weekends to fly to New York or Boston or that nexus of experimental theater, Alpharetta. This means you all have to provide ample detail about all the shows you're in, because i don't talk to enough of you online.

ATTENTION NORTHWESTERN PEOPLE!! I'm going to say a name for you, and I want to see if you recognize it, ok? Here it is: Vincent Kazer. Anyone remember a Vince from middle school? Because he remembers you, Chandler, Starla, Daniel, and a bunch of other people, and now I know exactly what you all were like in middle school. Which is exactly what you were like in high school, actually. He went to Roswell High School and he lives on the floor above me; we spent all last Friday reminiscing about Fulton County School system, Steak n Shake, Waffle House, Atlanta Bread Company, and how fucked up northwestern Alpharetta around Bethany Road is.

More coincidences: Vince was at the 12:01am showing of Episode I that me and John and Thomas were at.
And Thomas: I met a girl here who was at Space Camp in Huntsville the same week we were! Ha! Space Camp.

Henry V is going on next Wednesday, and I have to admit that it's looking pretty cool. Everybody's really getting into the idea of a "rock n' roll bloodsport" Henry V, and some of the scenes are pretty awesome. Our set, designed to look like a rocky siege, looks like a) The Land of the Lost, b) A leftover set piece from The Flinstones: Viva Rock Vegas, or c) The Agro-Crag from Nickelodeon's Guts, all of which I mentioned at some point during play rehearsal and nobody got. I'm so wasted here. But at least I'm satisfied with my performance, which I finally got right, and I think for a while I wasn't confident enough in front of the director to really take a chance on anything. Like I said, he's the poor man's Mark Fortin, and you don't just throw shit around in front of Mark Fortin, even when he's poor and dirty.

So these two weeks are going to be hell with the play, plain and simple, but I suppose I can always comfort myself with the fact that the Misery girls are pulling their hair out at a higher clump per second than I am.

Interesting bit of knowledge for Interact Club alum and current cabinet members (uh-uh-ahem!): I've talked to a couple of different people who did Interact in their high schools, and they're all like, "Wow, yeah, Interact Club was intense. It was, like, a major time commitment in my life." And I agree because, you know, it got a little intense there sometimes when Stephen Clawson came late with the box of donut-holes, and goddamit, all those Walk-A-Thons really take their toll on your calves. Did you know people go to National Chapter meetings of Interact Club? Ha! National Meetings. What college is really missing is the pointless resume-filling service clubs of high school.

Open question: what the hell does "emo" actually mean? Bethany, you're cooler than me, help me out. I've been labelled for the first time in my life up here under a term that I don't think actually exists.

Is "Sparkplug Minuet" by Mark Mothersbaugh the greatest song in the world? I don't know, but as far as greatest songs in the world go, it's the greatest song in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home