It's snowing!!! It's snowing it's snowing it's snowing it's snowing it's snowing it's snowing it's snowing it's snowing!!!
The Christmas music is on, because Chicago boasts two different radio stations that play Christmas music during the holidays. I hope "Cool 105.7" has the integrity and willfulness to pick up the dead Fox 97's tradition back home. Cool 105.7 owes it to Fox 97. And then he realized that he was anthropomorphizing radio stations.
And no, it is not too early to be celebrating J-dawg's Birthday, as it is exactly one month until Christmas Eve, and anyway, if you take the mean of all the Thanksgiving dates from the last decade, we would totally be downing the Nog by now any other year. Thusly, I am raiding Walgreen's today for Christmas accessories to decorate the door. Note how all UC students living on campus say "I'm going to Walgreen's" like they're preparing to climb K2-- that's why we go in groups, so that if someone dies along the way we can eat them. Isn't that how mountain climbers do it?
So Henry V is OVER. Our last performance went spectacularly and everyone was really on, even though I was told, no, I cannot buy 15 tickets for my house, and I ended up ruining a lot of my floor's Saturday night. But screw it, I gave the only performance of the entire run I was ever happy with and my fight scene with the two French hard-ass bitches was a crowd-pleaser. The cast party was held at our liason's house, who, I was told in a delightfully random e-mail, is now reading my blog. Hey Fleming!, and I'll just say, if you've happened to notice that all your Keebler Elf and Nutella products have mysteriously vanished from the pantry, know that it was DEFINITELY NOT me and Liz. So the party was fun, and yes, it was the latest I've ever stayed up here at college yet (3:30), I hung out with Sarah and some other people who were not drinking, although I didn't get the chance to compliment a lot of the cast I wanted to compliment, and I successfully completed a show without exchanging more than 19 or 20 words with the director. Sunday was spent not showering, reacquainting myself with the concept of three meals a day, and in general just feeling really damn good.
Haven't decided what I'll do next quarter, if anything, but Ben Shepard has been harrassing the whole campus to audition for Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood, and I want to talk to Jason about Suburbia over break. But honestly, just relaxing sounds like pumpkin pie right now. Maybe I could inquire about jobs painting set backdrops. On the other hand, that might require more skill than in high school, where Mr. Jones just did most of the work and then left me with the instructions to "draw something pretty."
Currently, every one of my professors has decided that every other of my professors has been giving too much work, so I have almost nothing to do until my flight home Wednesday night. Nothing. Cue "Bittersweet Symphony."
The Christmas music is on, because Chicago boasts two different radio stations that play Christmas music during the holidays. I hope "Cool 105.7" has the integrity and willfulness to pick up the dead Fox 97's tradition back home. Cool 105.7 owes it to Fox 97. And then he realized that he was anthropomorphizing radio stations.
And no, it is not too early to be celebrating J-dawg's Birthday, as it is exactly one month until Christmas Eve, and anyway, if you take the mean of all the Thanksgiving dates from the last decade, we would totally be downing the Nog by now any other year. Thusly, I am raiding Walgreen's today for Christmas accessories to decorate the door. Note how all UC students living on campus say "I'm going to Walgreen's" like they're preparing to climb K2-- that's why we go in groups, so that if someone dies along the way we can eat them. Isn't that how mountain climbers do it?
So Henry V is OVER. Our last performance went spectacularly and everyone was really on, even though I was told, no, I cannot buy 15 tickets for my house, and I ended up ruining a lot of my floor's Saturday night. But screw it, I gave the only performance of the entire run I was ever happy with and my fight scene with the two French hard-ass bitches was a crowd-pleaser. The cast party was held at our liason's house, who, I was told in a delightfully random e-mail, is now reading my blog. Hey Fleming!, and I'll just say, if you've happened to notice that all your Keebler Elf and Nutella products have mysteriously vanished from the pantry, know that it was DEFINITELY NOT me and Liz. So the party was fun, and yes, it was the latest I've ever stayed up here at college yet (3:30), I hung out with Sarah and some other people who were not drinking, although I didn't get the chance to compliment a lot of the cast I wanted to compliment, and I successfully completed a show without exchanging more than 19 or 20 words with the director. Sunday was spent not showering, reacquainting myself with the concept of three meals a day, and in general just feeling really damn good.
Haven't decided what I'll do next quarter, if anything, but Ben Shepard has been harrassing the whole campus to audition for Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood, and I want to talk to Jason about Suburbia over break. But honestly, just relaxing sounds like pumpkin pie right now. Maybe I could inquire about jobs painting set backdrops. On the other hand, that might require more skill than in high school, where Mr. Jones just did most of the work and then left me with the instructions to "draw something pretty."
Currently, every one of my professors has decided that every other of my professors has been giving too much work, so I have almost nothing to do until my flight home Wednesday night. Nothing. Cue "Bittersweet Symphony."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home