Instant Karma: How great is it that Phil Spector is being convicted of murder at the exact same time that the surviving Beatles are releasing the Spector-less version of Let It Be? It's like Paul McCartney has become God or something.
Yesterday I managed to squeeze in a required screening of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo for Media Aesthetics. It was a restored 35mm print, really gorgeous, and I am now of the opinion that all Alfred Hitchcock movies should be viewed on the big screen. I'd seen bits of Vertigo before on the TV, but I didn't get a clear vision of just how intensely brilliant Hitchcock is until now.
So I'd been waiting to get my comments back for my paper on Oscar Wilde and Plato/Aristotle for about 3 weeks, until last night I found an old email 10 days old that had my comments! I got a 94, which I think is insanely good for that class. In addition, someone in my class approached me and told me how much they liked my biweekly online responses to the course readings. So it's good to know that my writing ability transmits to college, too.
I get a kick out of my Media Aesthetics professor. She's a Stanford grad, she looks like she's 22, and she wears a different outfit every day and never repeats. I mean, I never notice a person's clothes, but I keep track of this woman's fashion like nobody's business. She coordinates her watch band with every outfit! How cool is that??
Henry V opened last night, and it went really well, the audience really loved it. I still find my performance really weak, but I feel like I've given it all I could under the circumstances. I like how the Managing Director of UT, whose blog I found, just dismisses seeing Henry V, the bane of my first 2 months of college, as a mere impediment to writing a paper. Perhaps I can learn something from this perspective.
The weather is PMS-ing or something. It's 66 degrees today, and we have snow forecast for Saturday. Fucking Lake Michigan.
I've been so weepy lately. My eyes got all misty during parts of Vertigo and The Matrix Revolutions. Trinity's death was a bit emotional for me, all right? And now I'm all sad because I just listened to Pearl Jam's "Last Kiss." Even 12 year-old Webb Bridge girls are cynical enough to scoff at that song. Maybe that's why they beat me up so much in 6th grade...
Yesterday I managed to squeeze in a required screening of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo for Media Aesthetics. It was a restored 35mm print, really gorgeous, and I am now of the opinion that all Alfred Hitchcock movies should be viewed on the big screen. I'd seen bits of Vertigo before on the TV, but I didn't get a clear vision of just how intensely brilliant Hitchcock is until now.
So I'd been waiting to get my comments back for my paper on Oscar Wilde and Plato/Aristotle for about 3 weeks, until last night I found an old email 10 days old that had my comments! I got a 94, which I think is insanely good for that class. In addition, someone in my class approached me and told me how much they liked my biweekly online responses to the course readings. So it's good to know that my writing ability transmits to college, too.
I get a kick out of my Media Aesthetics professor. She's a Stanford grad, she looks like she's 22, and she wears a different outfit every day and never repeats. I mean, I never notice a person's clothes, but I keep track of this woman's fashion like nobody's business. She coordinates her watch band with every outfit! How cool is that??
Henry V opened last night, and it went really well, the audience really loved it. I still find my performance really weak, but I feel like I've given it all I could under the circumstances. I like how the Managing Director of UT, whose blog I found, just dismisses seeing Henry V, the bane of my first 2 months of college, as a mere impediment to writing a paper. Perhaps I can learn something from this perspective.
The weather is PMS-ing or something. It's 66 degrees today, and we have snow forecast for Saturday. Fucking Lake Michigan.
I've been so weepy lately. My eyes got all misty during parts of Vertigo and The Matrix Revolutions. Trinity's death was a bit emotional for me, all right? And now I'm all sad because I just listened to Pearl Jam's "Last Kiss." Even 12 year-old Webb Bridge girls are cynical enough to scoff at that song. Maybe that's why they beat me up so much in 6th grade...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home