A Ford Taurus just stopped next to me on my way back from breakfast this morning and asked me where University Avenue was.
"I AM SO LOST!!!"
"Where are you going?"
"I'm looking for University Avenue!!!"
"It's at the end of this block. We're right in front of it."
"Oh."
I counted the exclamation points, and he definitely used three on both statements. I'm also pretty sure that the guy was Billy Joel. I stopped to consider why Billy Joel would be driving a station wagon, but then I realized that the station wagon is probably the best way of transporting a piano.
Henry V is a hit. As it should be; it's a really cool show. We sold out 50 minutes before showtime last night. We got reviewed pretty well, too, although our Henry got gently panned. Performances are much more fun than rehearsals, and I've managed to meet some good people. In fact, I'm performing David Ives's "Sure Thing" with our fight choreographer Sarah for UT Day, which is basically a free-for-all during reading period where you can reserve theatre spaces and do anything you want.
I also did very well on my Calc midterm, considering it was stranded in the middle of a Henry V blizzard. It's comforting to know that, yes, even in college, paying no attention in class and studying at the last minute will get you far, far, far.
My roommate is staying here for Thanksgiving. How sad is this? It's really the culmination of the saddest story I've ever heard (save Ian's story. Three weeks before college, his family moves from Springfield, IL to Arizona. His cousins have to help him move in to the dorm. And somewhere along the way, one or more parties decide that it's pointless to spend the airfare for 4 days in a strange house in a strange state where none of his friends live. This makes me depressed, I want to take him home with me. Oh well. John and Rachel, our RH's, are having a Thanksgiving dinner for orphans and international students left in the dorm.
Jesus, it's already 10:15. I have to be in the First Floor Theatre in an hour for the DVD taping of Hank the 5. Before I go: our director is the Anti-Jason Perlman. Here he is thirty minutes before opening night: "Listen, I'm not going to give you any sappy speeches, or play any stupid games, because I hate games where you stand in a circle." Me in response: "Humminah- wha--??"
By the way: Ms. Quentin is the equipment manager for the Ugly Team.
"I AM SO LOST!!!"
"Where are you going?"
"I'm looking for University Avenue!!!"
"It's at the end of this block. We're right in front of it."
"Oh."
I counted the exclamation points, and he definitely used three on both statements. I'm also pretty sure that the guy was Billy Joel. I stopped to consider why Billy Joel would be driving a station wagon, but then I realized that the station wagon is probably the best way of transporting a piano.
Henry V is a hit. As it should be; it's a really cool show. We sold out 50 minutes before showtime last night. We got reviewed pretty well, too, although our Henry got gently panned. Performances are much more fun than rehearsals, and I've managed to meet some good people. In fact, I'm performing David Ives's "Sure Thing" with our fight choreographer Sarah for UT Day, which is basically a free-for-all during reading period where you can reserve theatre spaces and do anything you want.
I also did very well on my Calc midterm, considering it was stranded in the middle of a Henry V blizzard. It's comforting to know that, yes, even in college, paying no attention in class and studying at the last minute will get you far, far, far.
My roommate is staying here for Thanksgiving. How sad is this? It's really the culmination of the saddest story I've ever heard (save Ian's story. Three weeks before college, his family moves from Springfield, IL to Arizona. His cousins have to help him move in to the dorm. And somewhere along the way, one or more parties decide that it's pointless to spend the airfare for 4 days in a strange house in a strange state where none of his friends live. This makes me depressed, I want to take him home with me. Oh well. John and Rachel, our RH's, are having a Thanksgiving dinner for orphans and international students left in the dorm.
Jesus, it's already 10:15. I have to be in the First Floor Theatre in an hour for the DVD taping of Hank the 5. Before I go: our director is the Anti-Jason Perlman. Here he is thirty minutes before opening night: "Listen, I'm not going to give you any sappy speeches, or play any stupid games, because I hate games where you stand in a circle." Me in response: "Humminah- wha--??"
By the way: Ms. Quentin is the equipment manager for the Ugly Team.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home