Suddenly, my chemistry lecture is so much more interesting when I think of chemical bonding as equivalent to having sex. Now, "ionization energy" refers to the amount of energy it takes Sodium to get Chlorine to sleep with it. Of course, "gaining" an electron (or getting some) is not the same as "losing" an electron (putting out); so goes the double standard. In this way, the inert gases are virgins, where as Lithium is just a total slut.
Now, on to business:
1) Picked up a few cheap Halloween decorations at Walgreen's this afternoon. I'm very much afraid the holiday will pass me by at college, so I've compensated in several ways. See below.
2) I've determined that the foyer (yeah, we have foyers) to my suitemates and I's rooms smells like a conglomeration of coffee and unhealthy ass, so in the most maculine way that I could, I picked up a pumpkin scented candle at Hallmark. And you have not experienced Hallmark until you've been to a South Side Hallmark. "Ohhh!"
3) Thomas, John, Kristen-- when was the last time you listened to Squirrel Nut Zippers? Whatever you say, it's been too long. I put on their "Sold Out" EP this morning, and that banjo just rocks. If you've never heard the live version of "La Grippe" which was recorded at Atlanta's The Roxy with an accompanying salsa band, you owe youself an early birthday present.
4) In honor of my SNZ revival, I've dedicated to them a Halloween mix, which, unfortunately, has no Halloween party to play at.
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Ghost of Stephen Foster
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand
Rage Against the Machine - Ghost of Tom Joad
Bruce Springsteen - Ghost of Tom Joad
Echo & the Bunnymen - Killing Moon
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Bedlam Ballroom
Bob Dylan - Ballad of a Thin Man
Polaris - Waiting for October
Radiohead - Paperbag Writer
Squirrel Nut Zippers - La Grippe [live]
Pink Floyd - Remember a Day
The Church - Under the Milky Way Tonight
Michael Andrews - The Artifact & The Living [from Donnie Darko]
Squirrel Nut Zippers - St. Louis Cemetary Blues
Little Jack Melody & His Young Turks - At Night You Hear the Trains
Vince Guaraldi - Great Pumpkin Waltz (woot John!)
Radiohead - The Gloaming
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
John Carpenter - Theme from Halloween
Right. That represents about 2.5 Calculus problems that didn't get done this morning, but really, priorities get changed between September and November.
Tonight I'm finally showing Breakfast Club to some people and then going to watch Spellbound at DOC, but I'd really much rather be seeing Kill Bill or Intolerable Cruelty. Curse you, Magic Johnson Theaters!
Now, on to business:
1) Picked up a few cheap Halloween decorations at Walgreen's this afternoon. I'm very much afraid the holiday will pass me by at college, so I've compensated in several ways. See below.
2) I've determined that the foyer (yeah, we have foyers) to my suitemates and I's rooms smells like a conglomeration of coffee and unhealthy ass, so in the most maculine way that I could, I picked up a pumpkin scented candle at Hallmark. And you have not experienced Hallmark until you've been to a South Side Hallmark. "Ohhh!"
3) Thomas, John, Kristen-- when was the last time you listened to Squirrel Nut Zippers? Whatever you say, it's been too long. I put on their "Sold Out" EP this morning, and that banjo just rocks. If you've never heard the live version of "La Grippe" which was recorded at Atlanta's The Roxy with an accompanying salsa band, you owe youself an early birthday present.
4) In honor of my SNZ revival, I've dedicated to them a Halloween mix, which, unfortunately, has no Halloween party to play at.
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Ghost of Stephen Foster
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand
Rage Against the Machine - Ghost of Tom Joad
Bruce Springsteen - Ghost of Tom Joad
Echo & the Bunnymen - Killing Moon
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Bedlam Ballroom
Bob Dylan - Ballad of a Thin Man
Polaris - Waiting for October
Radiohead - Paperbag Writer
Squirrel Nut Zippers - La Grippe [live]
Pink Floyd - Remember a Day
The Church - Under the Milky Way Tonight
Michael Andrews - The Artifact & The Living [from Donnie Darko]
Squirrel Nut Zippers - St. Louis Cemetary Blues
Little Jack Melody & His Young Turks - At Night You Hear the Trains
Vince Guaraldi - Great Pumpkin Waltz (woot John!)
Radiohead - The Gloaming
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
John Carpenter - Theme from Halloween
Right. That represents about 2.5 Calculus problems that didn't get done this morning, but really, priorities get changed between September and November.
Tonight I'm finally showing Breakfast Club to some people and then going to watch Spellbound at DOC, but I'd really much rather be seeing Kill Bill or Intolerable Cruelty. Curse you, Magic Johnson Theaters!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home