Wednesday, September 10, 2003

You know what's stupid about these RIAA lawsuits, besides the fact that I can be fined $3000 for downloading 50 Cent's "In Da Club" (absurd, because people should be fined by the federal govt. for doing this anyway)? I don't foresee how it's all going to end. I mean, they've been pretty effective at scaring people into deleting their Kazaa programs; I've talked to numerous people who say they've done so out of fear and paranoia. But so far, they haven't found a legal way to shut down any of this P2P technology. They can't continue filing these lawsuits until they've handed every single file sharer a subpoena. Eventually, it's going to get way too expensive to do so, or the media is going to get bored with the whole thing. And once they stop handing out lawsuits, people will start opening their Kazaa windows again when they see the coast is clear. So my question to the RIAA is: where are you going with this?

And anyway, just choose not to share your Kazaa files on the P2P network until this all blows over. Or use WinMX, which is slower, but just as eclectic if you have the patience. It hasn't been named once in any of these lawsuits.

While we're on the subject, I downloaded a few awesome files off the Donnie Darko soundtrack, and they are more than sufficiently creepy. It gave me an idea for a creepy mix for my *non-existant Halloween party* this year. So everybody think of all your favorite songs that creep you out, and let me know in the comments. Ironically, I had a dream that I came home from college and decorated for my Halloween party anyway, but only Ashleigh and Brynlee came, and I missed them because I was in the bathroom.

And yes, JUNIORS!!! I am totally free and bored this coming weekend. Let's do something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home