Monday, September 01, 2003

Right, so that picture down there doesn't work. Anyone know a good ftp site to store their pictures? Amy, Bethany, Nick, I'm looking at you.

The 10K Classic this morning was horrible. The course is Cobb Parkway, starting at the Cobb Galleria and ending just past the Big Chicken at Whitewater. If you've ever driven it, you know that it's like the foothills of the Alps. And I started out way too fast. See, with the first quarter mile, you know, it's all crowded and everyone's elbowing their way through and getting their own speed, but apparently I was blocking this asshole (of course I was blocking, there are 10,000 people blocking everybody else) who says quite rudely "Which way ya goin', sport?" I muttered "sorry," and pushed well out of his way, and then a quarter mile down the road I realized that I should have retorted "In front of you, SPORT" and raced him the whole way. But it didn't happen, so I actually started running faster in hopes of finding him and starting a confrontation, or just to catch the look on his face as he sees me passing him. But instead I ended up killing myself up the hills, getting myself queasy around mile 4 and forcing myself to walk. It's a miracle I finished under an hour.

As a side note, my dad and I were put up in a hotel by the starting line the night before so we wouldn't have to travel to the race in the morning. The hotel turned out to be the Renaissance Waverly, where we had our Prom. Very strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home