I guess everyone has the same kind of experiences their first few days of college, and I won't pretend that mine have been unique in any way just because they're frantic and exciting and frustrating. Everything's in flux at so early a stage: I'm meeting person after person with the same kind of intimacy that I flip through a Rolodex. But everybody's friendly and willing, because nobody wants to be the only one sitting alone at the next orientation meeting.
Jeremy, my roommate, is very kind and considerate, but so far he's been a blank piece of paper. He was on the Academic Bowl in high school, is a sports fan and a former baseball player (and built like one), and a Republican. He does not, however, speak a word when we're both in the room. Which is good, I suppose, for a quiet living space, but at the same time it's unnverving. I didn't think it was possible, but he's actually more anti-social than me.
And I've definitely scared him with my decorating. I have a stereo, books, Wallace & Gromit alarm clock, DVD's, tons of posters and postcards taped to the wall, Kermit the Frog, and Christmas lights. He has a measly American flag above his bed. There's a very visible line where the pop culture clutter cuts off in the middle of the room.
I've also constructed a little photo project... I took 5 or 6 square-foot bulletin board squares and arranged them in a checkerboard design, and loaded all the photos I could onto them. It's a fairly nice set-up, and I'd like to take a picture for you. Right now I'm looking at a very funny Black Comedy picture of Aniele eating something in black stretch pants and halter with curlers in her hair and a Discman in hand. It makes me happy.
So I have a lot more to write, but I'm going to take a quick break and recoup my senses after the corned beef hash breakfast has settled. Out.
Jeremy, my roommate, is very kind and considerate, but so far he's been a blank piece of paper. He was on the Academic Bowl in high school, is a sports fan and a former baseball player (and built like one), and a Republican. He does not, however, speak a word when we're both in the room. Which is good, I suppose, for a quiet living space, but at the same time it's unnverving. I didn't think it was possible, but he's actually more anti-social than me.
And I've definitely scared him with my decorating. I have a stereo, books, Wallace & Gromit alarm clock, DVD's, tons of posters and postcards taped to the wall, Kermit the Frog, and Christmas lights. He has a measly American flag above his bed. There's a very visible line where the pop culture clutter cuts off in the middle of the room.
I've also constructed a little photo project... I took 5 or 6 square-foot bulletin board squares and arranged them in a checkerboard design, and loaded all the photos I could onto them. It's a fairly nice set-up, and I'd like to take a picture for you. Right now I'm looking at a very funny Black Comedy picture of Aniele eating something in black stretch pants and halter with curlers in her hair and a Discman in hand. It makes me happy.
So I have a lot more to write, but I'm going to take a quick break and recoup my senses after the corned beef hash breakfast has settled. Out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home