So in one of the most anti-climactic moments of summer yet, I received my housing assignment in the mail yesterday. I didn't get the Snell-Hitchcock dorm; i.e., the Harry Potter dorm. I'm in Max Palevsky West, which is basically part of the building I stayed in last summer. I'm really not as disappointed as I thought I would be, except that I feel like I'm not getting a new experience living in a dorm I've already lived in. But Palevsky really is the newest, and the best technologically equipped, and I get suitemates and a private bathroom. It's also located a few hundred feet from the underground lab where they first split the atom. Hooray for undetected nuclear residue!
I also learned of my roommate, Jeremy, from Springfield, IL. I was disappointed that Chicago only gave a snail mail address, so I Google'd him and was able to discover that he's into English (I think), but I felt a little bad about being all creepy. To my surprise, I woke up this morning to find that Jeremy had Google'd me and discovered my blog and, more usefully, my email. I guess the same type of people really do go to Chicago.
I also learned of my roommate, Jeremy, from Springfield, IL. I was disappointed that Chicago only gave a snail mail address, so I Google'd him and was able to discover that he's into English (I think), but I felt a little bad about being all creepy. To my surprise, I woke up this morning to find that Jeremy had Google'd me and discovered my blog and, more usefully, my email. I guess the same type of people really do go to Chicago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home