Sunday, August 24, 2003

I watched A&E's Biography on Steven Spielberg tonight, and I realized that I have a much more unrefined and narrow taste in movies than my friends. It's an internal struggle, because yes, I would love to embrace arthouse flicks, films with actors of "pedigree;" but I just can't love Virginia Woolf like I can Indiana Jones. Maybe if I had been raised in a family that appreciated those kinds of movies, I would be different today, but alas, I am unapologetically left with this rough top... 23 list, in alphabetical order:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Almost Famous
Amistad
Back to the Future
Batman
Donnie Darko
Edward Scissorhands
E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial
Fellowship of the Ring
Field of Dreams
Ghostbusters
North by Northwest
Psycho
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Rope
Rudy
Rushmore
The Shawshank Redemption
The Shining
Star Wars
The Wolfman
Yellow Submarine
Young Frankenstein

Where is Scorcese, the Coens, Coppola? I say, who needs 'em! Me, George Lucas, and Sean Astin are gonna have our own party.

Tune it next week, when I rate my top 15 pairs of boxers, in the order that i wear them HOT from the dryer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home