If you recall, I've been trying to figure out why I'm so unenthusiastic about going to college. Guess what, Dear Reader? I've figured it out. I don't want to go to the University of Chicago.
That's right. I chose the wrong school. I want to go to Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.
OK, OK, I know what you're thinking: it's a technical school. But you may be surprised by the strong liberal arts curriculum that it boasts: History of Magic, Divination, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology... I mean, I could go years without selecting a major! The teaching is strong; after all, no T.A.'s, and only 1 in 6 classes is taught by the non-living. Housing is extremely accomodating, I mean, I'd rather have a Sorting Hat that assigns me a room based on personality/destiny than a computer and smoker/nonsmoker question. And get this: there's no discernible tuition.
*Sigh*. I'm actually more serious than it seems. At least Chicago kinda looks like Hogwart's.
That's right. I chose the wrong school. I want to go to Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.
OK, OK, I know what you're thinking: it's a technical school. But you may be surprised by the strong liberal arts curriculum that it boasts: History of Magic, Divination, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology... I mean, I could go years without selecting a major! The teaching is strong; after all, no T.A.'s, and only 1 in 6 classes is taught by the non-living. Housing is extremely accomodating, I mean, I'd rather have a Sorting Hat that assigns me a room based on personality/destiny than a computer and smoker/nonsmoker question. And get this: there's no discernible tuition.
*Sigh*. I'm actually more serious than it seems. At least Chicago kinda looks like Hogwart's.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home