Friday, July 18, 2003

Except for some short exchanges with the UK's Starbuck's baristas, i've had no human contact outside my family for 10 days. Don't John and I get medals for this, or something?

I finished Empire Falls by Richard Russo, which won last year's Pulitzer. I highly recommend it. Of course, there are a million books written about small town life (since every author believes he/she has a new take on their unique small town experience), but this particular one is just a good read even if it doesn't necessarily bring something new to the table.

Plus, I read Mrs. Dalloway by Virigina Woolf on the flight back, as I picked it up for 3 pounds on a whim (yeah, this replaced Trainspotting. I read the first sentence and had to take two aspirin). I liked it, but I didn't enjoy reading it, which pretty much sums up my take on The Hours (which, let's not kid ourselves, is the only reason I would've read this book in the first place). Somewhere, Daniel sheds a single tear.

I've finally pin-pointed the source of my college fears, which I'll voice in a later blog. And, lest I forget, Happy Birfday to Sara and Aniele; I truly regret not being here for the celebrations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home