Thursday, June 05, 2003

In the name of organization and for college preparation, I liberated my CD's of their cases this morning and transferred them to one large book. That way, I won't have CD's scattered all over the house, and it will lend a certain convenience to CD thieves I think.

Unfortunately, the crime-proof book only has a limited number of pages, so I had to decide which CD's I wasn't going to put in. I've had to do this a couple times before, and I found that I'm making much more mature decisions this time around. See, no longer am I including the CD's that I never really listen to, but I keep anyway to impress people who look through my collection. Like Blues Traveller. I confess, all I like on the album Four is "Run Around," and even now it's starting to grate because I saw Janeane Garafalo's "The Truth About Cats & Dogs." But 2 years ago, I would have kept it in there because I saw it as an essential part of a collection of taste. So instead, I inserted Squirrel Nut Zippers's Hot, which does not make me look as cool, but is one of my favorite albums anyway.

Incidentally, I also discovered that I have an additional copy--both disks, sans case-- of the Beatles' White Album. By default, I should assume that it's Thomas's, but if nobody claims it, maybe I could include it with Yo La Tengo for a good... $15? It's a steal, in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home