Wednesday, June 04, 2003

If I've learned anything this week, it's that Unemployment can be fun!

Believe it or not, Mr. Yarbrough, I've gotten back into running. In fact, Kristen and I meet virtually every morning to run a few laps around Ocee Park, where she ridicules my 20-minute stretching technique and all the dieting tips I took as Holy Writ from Coach Parker. I wish I could claim such a rededication to weight training, but... well, me and The Bench have fallen on hard times. Differing views on how many sets my puny arms need to lift and the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, mostly.

Oh, and I had my first (hour) session of sunbathing today when Kristen and I went up on the little nook of her roof and soaked up the tunes playing from my iPOD (heart!). I'm fast on my way to becoming a sleek, tan, strong (lower)-bodied smashing young Chicago man.

Also, I think I've discovered my new favorite meat, and it's foul!

Fowl, that is, I said fowl, buh-oy! Rainwater turned me on to this duck in an apple "jus" with mustard sauce and cabbage all on a "Johnny cake." It was a religious experience, to say the least (and that's all you shmoes is gettin'... the least).

And finally, I know how some of you feel about the whole "new rock, stripped-down" wave of music, but I just have to admit that I really love it. The Strokes, The Vines, The White Stripes... I have each of their albums as of today, and I find them great soundtracks for summer. Give 'em a try, and get past their image of "hip-indie elitism."

For those interested, too, I've decided to start typing my blogs in Word and then pasting them onto the site... I find I can write more. And just so you don't forget, Yo La Tengo is still up for auction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home