Thursday, May 15, 2003

THINGS FALL APART

Ever have the feeling that you're becoming someone you don't like? I'm having that feeling, plus the distinct sensation of regression. I'm regressing to whole new levels, you could say.

It occurs to me that I haven't written anything in a long time; actually, nothing I've been happy with since UChicago. I don't count Admission, since that's nothing like the kind of stuff I write, or the stuff I want to write (much less try again). A lot of people find writing therapeutic, but I really can't do that. When I'm sad or angry, I prefer physical activity; I find distraught, emotional writing self-indulgent (Like, um... blogs). This summer, I think I'll write much more; I've learned a lot this year, not from writing, but from living. I have a better idea of what good writing is, and the goals I want to accomplish in writing.

Lord... has this blog become irrelevant, or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home