So, I think I'm probably going to University of Chicago.
If, by "think" and "probably," you mean I'm going to send in the deposit and housing agreement this week.
So I did the prospective student program, took the dorm tours, attended a Western Civilization class, stayed overnight, talked to students, abracadabra, I'm home and it's Black Comedy hell week. Chicago's a great school, and not only that, I really think I belong there, and this visit really helped me confirm it. But I find no joy in finally making a decision. I don't want to start my life over and be forced to make new strangers into new friends; I like most things as they are now. So much so that a bonafide pitch for UGA might almost sway me; but I know Chicago's the right choice in the end. Sigh.
Sixth period kids are free to yell at me tomorrow.
If, by "think" and "probably," you mean I'm going to send in the deposit and housing agreement this week.
So I did the prospective student program, took the dorm tours, attended a Western Civilization class, stayed overnight, talked to students, abracadabra, I'm home and it's Black Comedy hell week. Chicago's a great school, and not only that, I really think I belong there, and this visit really helped me confirm it. But I find no joy in finally making a decision. I don't want to start my life over and be forced to make new strangers into new friends; I like most things as they are now. So much so that a bonafide pitch for UGA might almost sway me; but I know Chicago's the right choice in the end. Sigh.
Sixth period kids are free to yell at me tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home