I love listening to college radio stations, although not GSU 88.1 so much anymore, because all they seem to play is reggae-ska (skeggae?). I think if I ever decide to host my own college radio show, which is a distinct possibility, I would have an hour, two hour block where I featured a student mix tape/CD. Think about the diversity that would be exhibited. I'd also invite the mixer on the show with me, to give commentary on their own mix, to talk about the bands I hadn't heard of. I'd also use that microphone thing to come in sometimes and sing along with some of the songs.
I think my dad is seriously beginning to wonder if he is his son's real father. You should see his expression on his face when I tell him my weekend plans:
1. Go shopping for a jumpusit.
2. Go see bands like "The Mooney Suzuki" and "The Raveonettes" at a little club in East Atlanta.
3. Go see a movie about a lonely guy who talks to rats.
It looked like he wanted to pop a few Homocil pills. Then I told him about practicing softball for the Empire Theater/2AM game, which I thought he would appreciate or respect because he loves baseball so much. But then my sister just laughed and said, "So it's a drama kid game? That oughta be classic," and they both laughed.
But anyway... WILLARD tomorrow!
I think my dad is seriously beginning to wonder if he is his son's real father. You should see his expression on his face when I tell him my weekend plans:
1. Go shopping for a jumpusit.
2. Go see bands like "The Mooney Suzuki" and "The Raveonettes" at a little club in East Atlanta.
3. Go see a movie about a lonely guy who talks to rats.
It looked like he wanted to pop a few Homocil pills. Then I told him about practicing softball for the Empire Theater/2AM game, which I thought he would appreciate or respect because he loves baseball so much. But then my sister just laughed and said, "So it's a drama kid game? That oughta be classic," and they both laughed.
But anyway... WILLARD tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home