So I don't know what everyone's plans are for tomorrow, but you're all welcome to come over to my house at 7 Sunday night to watch the 300th episode of the Simpsons.
My end-of-the-week insight is that we should all be able to watch hidden video surveillance tapes of ourselves interacting with other people. A while back I read an article about how obnoxious people are never aware of their own bad habits and annoying tendencies; and in fact, we are usually bothered most by the things that we do ourselves. I think with a videotape we'd learn a lot about how our self-images differ from how we really appear to other people, how we act to other people. I don't think I'd be very happy with my tape. I think I say a lot of things that I assume are harmless or in jest, but I'll mull over it later and think, "Gosh, that must have really sounded quite mean. What else am I saying?"
My end-of-the-week insight is that we should all be able to watch hidden video surveillance tapes of ourselves interacting with other people. A while back I read an article about how obnoxious people are never aware of their own bad habits and annoying tendencies; and in fact, we are usually bothered most by the things that we do ourselves. I think with a videotape we'd learn a lot about how our self-images differ from how we really appear to other people, how we act to other people. I don't think I'd be very happy with my tape. I think I say a lot of things that I assume are harmless or in jest, but I'll mull over it later and think, "Gosh, that must have really sounded quite mean. What else am I saying?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home