Tuesday, February 04, 2003

sI want this metal junkyard off my teeth. Honestly, I can't remember a time when I had my slick, smooth, clean smile. It was spring of Freshman year, actually: the majority of my high school career. It's not that I have horribly crooked dentures; at the most, I would have needed a year to correct any minor flaws that the orthodontist claimed existed. No, I'm subjected to oral imprisonment because this tooth, my upper right canine, never grew in like it was supposed to because of a cyst growth. What they had to do was, way back in the summer before 10th grade, they dug out the cyst in my upper gum, then attached a miniature chain to the stuck tooth. They tied another end to my braces, and every month or so, they pull the chain down and reattach it, so that over time, the tooth is pulled down. My term of braces is basically subject to how long it takes to get that tooth down, which is "just around the corner!" according to my orthodontist.
For the most part, I've forgotten that the braces were even there... but every now and then somebody makes a comment about them, and it makes me want to rip them off my teeth.

No News is Drew News

In other stories, I had my Yale interview today. It went very well; my interviewer was interesting for a change, and had an interest in the arts. She majored in African Art, and went to class with the director of Bio-Dome (he was an ass, apparently). It's too bad that the alumni interviewers have almost zero input into the admissions decision, because we really hit it off; although for some reason, I think she left with the impression that I was gay.

I sound like a drama kid

Speaking of The Gay, I'm feeling that my part of Harold Gorringe is being played decidely one-note. On the other hand, we're just blocking, and I'll probably get a little looser once we start, 'ow do joo acteurs zay, "Antwerp."

Plus, a decision: to try out for Bill Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream? That's a lot on my plate, but I really like that play; I did a few scenes under Kendrick (pre-bitch), and it was a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home