An e-mail from my uncle, who is traveling around southeast Asia:
Full disclosure - at least
what I remember: I was sitting at a street stall
having some noodle soup in the middle of the
afternoon. That's the last thing I remember. The
next day I tried to run and had no balance; couldn't
walk a straight line. It started to rain later in the
afternoon and I couldn't find my umbrella. I retured
to the food stall to find that 'my two friends had
walked me home after I passed out and they had taken
my umbrella. Of course, I had no recollection of this
incident - I suspect they put something in my drink of
my soup when I wasn't looking: maybe that date rape
drug, RHB? I immediately went back to my room to
check on my wallet and my cash and credit cards were
missing. I had my wallet locked in my backpack with
the key hidden in my little cosmetics bag. They
obviously had plenty of time to look through my stuff
to find the keys. It is pretty scary, but I am fine.
But what a violation.
Full disclosure - at least
what I remember: I was sitting at a street stall
having some noodle soup in the middle of the
afternoon. That's the last thing I remember. The
next day I tried to run and had no balance; couldn't
walk a straight line. It started to rain later in the
afternoon and I couldn't find my umbrella. I retured
to the food stall to find that 'my two friends had
walked me home after I passed out and they had taken
my umbrella. Of course, I had no recollection of this
incident - I suspect they put something in my drink of
my soup when I wasn't looking: maybe that date rape
drug, RHB? I immediately went back to my room to
check on my wallet and my cash and credit cards were
missing. I had my wallet locked in my backpack with
the key hidden in my little cosmetics bag. They
obviously had plenty of time to look through my stuff
to find the keys. It is pretty scary, but I am fine.
But what a violation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home