Saturday, January 25, 2003

So, after months of preparation, The Empire Theater Company's production of The Breakfast Club opened last night to a sell-out crowd. As Jason remarked, it couldn't have gone better. It couldn't have been more fun, either. As few of you know, I used to act in middle school with AWP, I took a Shakespeare class or two, and I was Oliver Twist in Vikki Oliphant's opus Oliver!. I stopped after "Free to Be," not because that's the damn-foolest play alive, but because I couldn't take the stage fright anymore. That's what I've been worried about most since getting into this again, and I'm so glad I've shaken it along the way. It was so much fun! I can't believe I didn't try this earlier.

Meanwhile, I'm settling into the mentality of last spring, which is "I have to get the fuck out of here." I want to go to college now! I can't stand being home anymore... school is actually more appealing to me, but even that is losing its pizazz. All I look forward to are the drama classes. I think we should form a temporary college for this semester, where we can all live in a dorm setting and go to school that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home