Sunday, January 19, 2003

In case you were wondering, the upstairs carpet in my house was being replaced this week, which is why I didn't have access to a computer to update this blog.

So I had this really cool, really elaborate dream last night that I think might make an interesting novel. It was all about how we found out that there existed this giant room beneath the Alpharetta library. It was like a warehouse filled with rare books, videocassettes, and things the normal library would never carry. And this old man and woman lived down there and took care of it, and a long time ago they used to give secret membership to the smartest and the most talented elementary-schoolers.

We all befriended this old couple, and had fun going beneath the library, until strange things started happening. I think the old man went out to show Daniel how to drive a motorscooter, and they never came back. Then the dream sped up to twenty years later, and we were all still looking for Daniel. I remember being in Canada, only it had flooded and the city of Toronto was build on these long plains of glass that stretched out in highways for hundreds of miles. Meanwhile, we began suspecting that Jason was in on the kidnapping, and I recall killing him with a pool cue.

When I woke up, this seemed like the greatest idea in the world for a novel plot, but now that I put it down in writing... not so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home