"I poisoned this sword tip, the drapes, and Rosencarl and Guildenlenny over there."
I really like Hamlet. I think Shakespeare's language is so cool, just for the simplest fact that he phrases his dialogue in such a roundabout way. "The time is out of joint! O cursed spite, that I was ever born to set it right." But I like the story of Hamlet the best. The way everything just ties together so nicely... like... like Raiders of the Lost Ark. When Hamlet bitches his mom out about marrying Claudius, it's just like when you realize Marion wasn't in the truck that blew up after all! Well, not really. But you get the point.
I also like the way Mr. Wade is teaching it. Yeah, he's a little redundant sometimes, but he knows the play and he knows Shakespeare. He's passionate and enthusiastic about it too; he just can't articulate it like other AP English teachers. I actually enjoy listening to his meandering "lectures" on different aspects of the play, because it gives me time to stimulate my own opinions on the play.
Did anyone see the Simpsons' "Hamlet" tonight? "Danes do it melancholy."
I really like Hamlet. I think Shakespeare's language is so cool, just for the simplest fact that he phrases his dialogue in such a roundabout way. "The time is out of joint! O cursed spite, that I was ever born to set it right." But I like the story of Hamlet the best. The way everything just ties together so nicely... like... like Raiders of the Lost Ark. When Hamlet bitches his mom out about marrying Claudius, it's just like when you realize Marion wasn't in the truck that blew up after all! Well, not really. But you get the point.
I also like the way Mr. Wade is teaching it. Yeah, he's a little redundant sometimes, but he knows the play and he knows Shakespeare. He's passionate and enthusiastic about it too; he just can't articulate it like other AP English teachers. I actually enjoy listening to his meandering "lectures" on different aspects of the play, because it gives me time to stimulate my own opinions on the play.
Did anyone see the Simpsons' "Hamlet" tonight? "Danes do it melancholy."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home