DROO D. FOOL!, WHAT?
Three things that make me happy:
1) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Special (SHWING!) Platinum Edition DVD. I've spent many long hours watching the special features on Chad's DVD, and let me say this: I wish I were Elijah Wood. There are six hours of documentaries showing just how much fun these actors had working on LotR. Seriously, how great would it be to have been involved in this movie? I would kill for prosthetic hobbit feet and ears!
I've only watched the beginning of the extended version of the movie. There is a TON more stuff on Hobbiton, which I love to death. You wouldn't believe the stuff they cut out! The Sacksville-Bagginses! Hobbits on tables singing drinking songs! The Gaffer! THEY CUT OUT THE GAFFER!
The great thing about this movie is that it feels like you're reading a book as your watching it. It takes its time, and you're not so much worried about what's going to happen next as what's happening at that very moment. It's such a nuanced, subtle, intelligent film.
2) "Come Together" by The Beatles. This came on the radio Friday afternoon, and I sang to it as loud as I could. I like the fact that it can simultaneously hard rock and cool slow at the same time. It's a smart song, very layered. Not the kind of stuff you hear today. This is an example of over-production in the studio done well. Listen to it sometime.
3) This comic:
So I think I'm going to have some people over today to watch the extended cut of LotR. If you want to come, contact me somehow. I'm starting it at 2.
Three things that make me happy:
1) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Special (SHWING!) Platinum Edition DVD. I've spent many long hours watching the special features on Chad's DVD, and let me say this: I wish I were Elijah Wood. There are six hours of documentaries showing just how much fun these actors had working on LotR. Seriously, how great would it be to have been involved in this movie? I would kill for prosthetic hobbit feet and ears!
I've only watched the beginning of the extended version of the movie. There is a TON more stuff on Hobbiton, which I love to death. You wouldn't believe the stuff they cut out! The Sacksville-Bagginses! Hobbits on tables singing drinking songs! The Gaffer! THEY CUT OUT THE GAFFER!
The great thing about this movie is that it feels like you're reading a book as your watching it. It takes its time, and you're not so much worried about what's going to happen next as what's happening at that very moment. It's such a nuanced, subtle, intelligent film.
2) "Come Together" by The Beatles. This came on the radio Friday afternoon, and I sang to it as loud as I could. I like the fact that it can simultaneously hard rock and cool slow at the same time. It's a smart song, very layered. Not the kind of stuff you hear today. This is an example of over-production in the studio done well. Listen to it sometime.
3) This comic:
So I think I'm going to have some people over today to watch the extended cut of LotR. If you want to come, contact me somehow. I'm starting it at 2.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home