So B-Club rehearsal was so much fun yesterday, and I got to get out of my chair to act! It also exhausted me a lot, too. Acting takes a lot of energy out of you, I've found; especially when you do a particularly emotional scene. I think it's because you get tired after you're emotional, and even though you're really not sad or excited or whatever, you're acting so your body's going through all the same actions to make you tired anyway.
So because I was tired, I really didn't feel like braving the masses of the football game. Instead, I took Jason up on his offer to go see The Ring, and I'm glad I did. (On the way out I picked up a poboy w/ mayo at jason's deli; damn that place has changed. i used to work there, y'know) There were so many people at the movies, it was like middle school again. At one point Jason started acting like a sheepdog, running circles around the group and barking. That was weird. But it was a lot of fun, and that movie scared me shitless. Not just jump-out-of-your-seat scary, but this kind of uunnerving creepiness that settles into you after a time. I'm so pissed at some of the reviews it got, though: "There were just too many questions left unanswered." Whatever. If they had explained everything in the end, they would've been writing, "the director tried too hard to wrap everything up in a neat little bow at the end." I swear, I think most reviewers already know what they're going to write before they go see the movie.
I'm a little disappointed in missing my last Homecoming game, but what the hell, I had fun doing something else. I hope Stephen or Ben won Homecoming King.
So because I was tired, I really didn't feel like braving the masses of the football game. Instead, I took Jason up on his offer to go see The Ring, and I'm glad I did. (On the way out I picked up a poboy w/ mayo at jason's deli; damn that place has changed. i used to work there, y'know) There were so many people at the movies, it was like middle school again. At one point Jason started acting like a sheepdog, running circles around the group and barking. That was weird. But it was a lot of fun, and that movie scared me shitless. Not just jump-out-of-your-seat scary, but this kind of uunnerving creepiness that settles into you after a time. I'm so pissed at some of the reviews it got, though: "There were just too many questions left unanswered." Whatever. If they had explained everything in the end, they would've been writing, "the director tried too hard to wrap everything up in a neat little bow at the end." I swear, I think most reviewers already know what they're going to write before they go see the movie.
I'm a little disappointed in missing my last Homecoming game, but what the hell, I had fun doing something else. I hope Stephen or Ben won Homecoming King.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home