Sunday, October 13, 2002

Oy, this Elephant Man backdrop is freaking me out. It's going to take a lot longer than expected, I spent half the day just gridding it and prepping it to be painted. Also, the fabric absorbs acrylic paint incredibly fast so I'm going to have to use tempera (the crappy stuff they give you to paint your pinch pots in Intro to Art). When does this show open again? I think I might take PSAT day to finish this thing up.

I have a Bio lab to write today? What the hell? I need time to get my hiarcut and put up the Halloween decorations!

My parents got back yesterday afternoon. In case you didn't know, they left my sister and I home alone for two days while they were seeing a company-sponsored concert on Alcatraz (ask me later). I was pretty happy that they at least recognized that I can be trusted alone for an extended period of time.
Still, I wanted to go out with Kristen last night, but I felt obligated to spend time with them. Which ended up disappointing Kristen, which put me in a bad mood so that I probably annoyed my parents too. This happens a lot on weekends. It's because my parents are usually never home during the week, especially my dad who spends half his time in Seattle, so that the weekends are the times when we all see each other... which is the time when I'd rather be with my friends. I asked my dad last night if he would consider taking a lower-paying job closer to home without all the travel if I went to a less expensive state school; he assured me that both my sister and my college educations are payed for in a bank somewhere, which I find hard to believe. I know I've got a lot of savings bonds from my great-grandfather, but not enough to pay for a Uchicago or Yale education. I honestly think that I'd be willing to just go to UGA if it meant that my dad would have a less stressful life.

*sigh*.... in other college news, I need to schedule Chicago and Yale interviews at the beginning of this week before it's too late. I'm in a Yale mood this week... look out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home