Saturday, October 05, 2002

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

I used to check this book out of the Lake Windward Library every October. I remember exactly where it is in that library, in the 000's-100's Holiday/Cultural section on the side where we payed for our book fair books. This book told you all about the origins of Halloweens, and it had these awesome orange and black watercolor/print illustrations. It's one of those iconic things that I associate with Halloween, along with It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and those Happy Meal Pumpkin buckets. And in a few days, it will be mine... for $4.00!

Damn, I used to check a lot of books out of the library when I was a kid... I think I've checked one book out of the library ever, it was Bethany's favorite book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Maybe I should go back and read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home